Is a 1:00pm flight out of FLL feasible when ship docks at POM?

ShedQueen77

I am considering booking a 1:00 flight at FLL after we debark in Miami. Is this time feasible even with a 45 minute drive to FLL? We're going to book SAS for transport. Would I need to do self debarkation (NCL Dawn) or will I be OK with time if we do not?

We've never cruised from either port before. Thank you for any tips you can offer! :)

Yes! ;) A shuttle will take 45 minutes or so to get from POM to FLL - plenty of time to get off the ship, clear customs, and get to FLL for your flight.

Many on these boards suggest SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service from FLL - typical cost is $15 per person each way. A taxi will run $85-100 :eek: Good luck!:)

We were off the NCL Sky in January flying out of FLL. NCL would not book any transfers prior to 1:30 flights.

You will have to do the self disembarkation. We left our cabin about 7:55, disembarked, thru customs, etc...got a cab and was in FLL at 8:50. Cab was expensive ($85), so try SAS.

Hey there...Luvmytbear, I just saw you were from Iowa, too. I'm wondering what airport are you flying out of?

Let me know if you don't mind. Just trying to figure out which airline to which airport, to stay where, etc, etc. would work the best. Thanks for any tips!:)

Hey! I live in Clinton. We usually fly out of MLI (Moline, IL), which is the Illinois side of the Quad Cities. Their prices usually without fail beat Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, or Dubuque. Moline is closer to us than the others as well. Isn't Grinnell close to Des Moines? Des Moines is a 2.5 hour drive west for me.

Yes, we are just about an hour from Des Moines or Cedar Rapids. Both fly through Allegiant to Orlando, very cheaply I might add, but then we rent a car and drive 4 hours to Miami. Worth it?? I got weigh all of these options. We also are looking into flying into FLL and then and staying there a couple a days before. Too much info!!! :p

So true! I've been working our plans since I booked in January. I think we'll be flying into FLL and using SAS Transportation to shuttle us to our Miami hotel and from the pier back to FLL. The flight prices have been terrible so far, but Air Tran does pretty decent through FLL. They only have one flight that leaves out of Miami and that's at 7:30 in the morning....that won't work! :)

Archived