Photos of 2 week Alaska cruise aboard the Amsterdam

My sister and I did the first 2 week Alaska cruise, and it was fabulous. I put together a photo/video montage and uploaded it to YouTube. If you're interested, the link is here:

Enjoy :)

Really enjoyed both the video and music. Thanks for posting.

Wow great job on the video!! Looks like you had nice weather. We were out with Capt Davey in Sitka last week, sure is a great guy isn't he!!! Looks like you had it a little calmer in Sitka than we did as well. Thanks for sharing!

Add me, too, to the list of admirers!! It was so nice to revisit all those places through your video. I'm not terribly technically savvy, but was it very difficult to do? Thought perhaps I might give it a try (think it will be difficult to limit the gajillion pictures we took...), but would sure love to do something like that. Thanks for sharing!

Wunderbar! Absolutely beautiful video. Now I can't wait til it's my turn to see the beautiful scenery. We leave 7/1. We will visit some of the same ports so I know what we can expect. We are also doing the floatplane ride.

I would like to put together something like what you have done when we return. I am not as talented as you. Did you use a digital camera and what type? You must have had a video camera. My digital does take movies but I'm not sure how to do it. How many pics did you take in all? I may have to go buy an extra card now that I've seen your pictures.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Mary

Add me, too, to the list of admirers!! It was so nice to revisit all those places through your video. I'm not terribly technically savvy, but was it very difficult to do? Thought perhaps I might give it a try (think it will be difficult to limit the gajillion pictures we took...), but would sure love to do something like that. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliments - my head is swelling to alarming proportions ;)

Actually, the hardest part in putting it together was selecting which pictures to use. Since I'm not a photographer (though I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night :D ) and believe in taking LOTS of pictures. I took nearly 700 all told between my digital camera (a Canon PowerShot A570) and my sister's digital video camera (a Panasonic) - and my cell phone, though those I uploaded to Facebook to share with the hubbies my sister and I left in damp, drizzly Seattle.

To put it together, I used Windows Movie Maker (that comes with just about every PC that runs Windows). If you want to learn the basics, be sure to take advantage of the free Digital Workshop classes offered by HAL. The "Techspert" on our cruise was Billy Oh, and he was terrific. They offer classes from very basic (how to get your pictures out of the camera) to how to edit photos, how to create your own travelogue website, and how to put your photos together into a movie. And Billy offered lots of tips and pointers on how to use a digital camera, the different settings, how to make a panoramic picture even if your camera doesn't, and impromptu "field trips" to the bow for photography practice.

Have fun!

That was really nicely done. Thanks for sharing it. We were on Amsterdam the week right before you. It looks like you had some wonderful weather. I can't say the same for the prior week, but it wasn't too bad.

Thanks again for sharing the memories.

Thanks secondsister, I will give it a go. However, too late for me on the Digital Workshop, I was on the same trip!! We went by there a few times, but it was always so packed, we decided to (probably...) go to the bar instead:) Hubby is currently going through something like 1000 pic's. Hopefully we'll do something fun with them.

Thanks for the info though, I'm currently working on a trip report. It's just so lengthy though, am in the process of trying to make it shorter!

Thanks secondsister, I will give it a go. However, too late for me on the Digital Workshop, I was on the same trip!! We went by there a few times, but it was always so packed, we decided to (probably...) go to the bar instead:) Hubby is currently going through something like 1000 pic's. Hopefully we'll do something fun with them.

Microsoft offers a simple intro to using Windows Live Movie Maker, which can be found here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-a-movie-in-four-simple-steps. It's a pretty simple program to use, at least for the basic stuff. You can download it for free (if you don't already have it on your computer) - just make sure you download the version that fits with your operating system. You can always email me if you have questions - while I don't necessarily check email every day, I will answer you within a day or two.

I'm playing around trying to find out what else it can do and have downloaded some of the add-ons. I can't help myself, I like to fiddle with things. If you have a Mac, see if you have iMovie, which is very similar to Windows Movie Maker.

Archived