Just back from Liberty of the Seas

First let me say that this was my first cruise. It was amazing...can't wait to go again. Here are some of my takeaways. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them.

1. Ship is amazing...really big, but spotless. Amazed they are able to keep it that clean, and never really saw anyone doing it.

2. Staff was awesome. Luis the bartender at the Solarium bar was our best friend!

3. Food was pretty good most nights, only night I didn't care for was Italian night, when they only had one Italian dish on the menu, Lasagna, and didn't like it at all.

4. Chops was REALLY good and worth the extra money!

5. Flowrider was a blast

6. Rockwall was hard, at least for us, it was really hot out when we tried it.

7. We did the 8:30 seating each night for dinner and seemed to work best, because you didn't have to rush to try and get ready for dinner after a day off the boat, and for days on the boat the pool areas cleared out quite a bit and you pretty much had it to yourself.

8. Johnny rockets burgers are really good

9. Yellowbird, Bahama Mama, and Gumbay Smash are awesome drinks

10. San Marteen was really pretty.

11. Didn't care for San Juan, not much to the Rainforest, was pretty but would have liked to explore more.

12. Labadee was gorgeous. Would have rather spent two days here instead of stopping in San Juan.

13. Cruise director Mike was really good, nice guy, sat and talked with us one morning.

14. Ice Show was amazing!

15. Need a bigger area for the Piano bar. Was always crowded.

16. Worth it to buy the Coke sticker.

That's it for now I guess, let me know if any of you have questions, and I'll try to answer if I can.

levonfan - who was your captain, was it still Capt Tiege?

I believe it was. We had our picture taken with him one night, and I believe that is what it said on the picture when we looked at it.

We leave on the same ship and same itin in 20days. Our 1st cruise too! I'm very excited. I've read all the what to pack and what not to pack, but from someone who just got off the ship, anything that you wished you brought or could have done without?

We leave on the same ship and same itin in 20days. Our 1st cruise too! I'm very excited. I've read all the what to pack and what not to pack, but from someone who just got off the ship, anything that you wished you brought or could have done without?

Not really. Honestly just bring any meds you need, sunscreen, and very little clothes. Basically you could get away with tshirts to wear each day, couple bathing suits, and then 2-3 items to wear for formal nights. And maybe one or two shirts and pair of slacks to wear the other nights (I'm a guy of course).

I did bring my portable Bose radio and Ipod, we never really turned the TV on unless it was to see where the ship was in the sea.

We were in an interior room, I would suggest bringing a portable light that you could turn on once you got into the bathroom so that you don't wake the other person trying to turn the regular light on.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get the Lasagna.

Food I had that was pretty good:

Prime Rib

Chorizo Pasta (I think it was tortellini)

Lobster and Shrimp

Filet at Chops with wine reduction sauce (really good)

Also they come around at the end of the meal with special shots (usually Kahlua or Baileys with something else), you get to keep the shot glass. They were pretty good

Reading your thread had made me even more excited for my cruise..but it is still 111 days away! I am going crazy =)

I can't wait to take the boyfriend..it will be his first cruise. He isn't very excited but I think Liberty will impress him.

Monday and Thursday

We ate at Chops the Monday night. Lobster was served Thursday night.

Thanks, not sailing till November. We will probably do chops or portofino's on Monday also.

So what nights would you suggest eating in a specialty restaurant? Sounds like Monday, what other night? Does anyone have a menu or is it posted somewhere?

Thanks

I think it depends on you. My wife and I aren't huge seafood fans, so we always pick lobster night as our night to eat in the specialty restaurant. I'd avoid the first or last nights as well as formal nights (if possible) and eat in MDR.

Archived