Carnival Valor

travel12

We have cruised with Norwegian, Royal and Celbrity before. Due to limitations with travel dates the Valor Western Caribbean itinerary seems best this time. As mid 60 ( non partiers ) travellers are we going to be satisfied with what Carnival Valor provides? Also with Celebrity last sailing we were permitted to bring a bottle of wine on board with us. Does Carnival permit this. Be interested in any comments.

Hello, I have been on the Valor twice I can give you a bit of information. I am about to turn 30 but my friend and I are not into drinking and partying, just work hard and need a nice relaxing vacation. I loved the Valor and that is why we went twice. But when are you going? We went in Sept and Nov. Also, a bottle of wine is allowed per person but we drank in our room when we wanted to.

I sailed the Valor this past January.. There were over 700 kids onboard and I didn't see anyone that was out of hand. It was a real family atmosphere. Nothing bad at all. I've sailed on a few Carnival ships and have had a great time everytime.

I've cruised on the Valor three times in the past 4 years, and I haven't noticed any wild 'partying' of any kind - however, I tend to stay away from the main pool area (with the big screen tv), as it's always so crowded - no room to breath. Ventured there a few times, but didn't really stay too long to check it out.

Except for our first cruise, when my daughter was 8 or 9, and she played in the small pool by the water slide, which is in front of the main pool area. Still, I can't honestly say that it was a 'wild' atmosphere - there were many families and people of all ages around.

Now,I prefer a more relaxed atmosphere (yes, I'm over 50!). Since I've never been at the main pool after 6:00 PM, it's possible that things get a bit loud and wild, but I wouldn't know:), especially since our cabin has been on the opposite side of the ship.

However, the aft pool is very quiet and relaxing (adults only).

From my experience, it's a great cruise for all ages. My daughter was 8 on our first cruise, and we'll be going on our 4th next year (Liberty this time - new ship for us).

Honestly, I've never had a bad experience on the Valor (or any Carnival cruise). It's a great ship - wonderful crew, plus there are so many different areas/activities that suit all ages and tastes.

Good luck with your choice - I don't think you'll be disappointed if you select the Valor - I love that ship!

I've been on the Valor twice in the past 4 years, the first time over New Years. I can honestly say there was a pretty equal mix of ages and not much "crazy partying" going on. I went with my Mum who is now almost 70. Trust me, if it was a party ship she wouldn't have signed up to go back with me the second time. Carnival has long left that 80's reputation behind. There are still fun and partying going on if you look for it, but it's not something that takes over the whole ship if that's what you're worried about.

We have cruised with Norwegian, Royal and Celbrity before. Due to limitations with travel dates the Valor Western Caribbean itinerary seems best this time. As mid 60 ( non partiers ) travellers are we going to be satisfied with what Carnival Valor provides? Also with Celebrity last sailing we were permitted to bring a bottle of wine on board with us. Does Carnival permit this. Be interested in any comments.

Have sailed on the Valor once, also on Liberty with another one booked (same class, same layout as Valor)

I like the Valor very much because of the aft pool area - it is called the Prometheus pool and is completely non-smoking, adults only, and the bar, pizzeria, hamburger grille, ice cream machine are all right there - also two hot tubs - right around the corner is the Asian wok and in the other direction is the Sandwich Deli. And only a few steps from Rosies...and Fish & Chips. This area also has a mechanical roof that closes if it rains. I found this area to be much more subdued than the mid-ships open pool area, the Argonaut pool. It is a smoking area and most of the party-types will be out in this area during the day. There is live music most of the time and can be pretty noisy if you're not into that sort of thing. But overall I think you will find the Valor to be a nice experience, no matter what your tastes.

Current policies allow one bottle of wine to be taken aboard, but you would do well to check those policies yourself prior to your cruise as Carnival does revise them from time to time.

Archived