Hi Do u need a credit card,for Pacific Dawn

maryjo62

As on most lines, you do not absolutely need a CC, but as you stated, if you don't have one, you have to pay in cash as you "sign as you go", credit card or not. If you don't have a registered CC, you have to queue up to settle your account the last morning. Sometimes the line at the purser's counter can be quite lengthly. If you've registered a CC, you will get your final account bill very early AM on the final day. If all is in order, you just leave the ship, no queue, no waiting. I think it would be worth getting a CC just so you can avoid the last morning ordeal, not to mention you wouldn't have to bring as much cash with you.

As was mentioned, you don't have to have that little piece of plastic, but yes it does save quite a bit of time that last morning having to settle up for your bill.

Early in the a.m. on the last day my final bill was slipped under my door & it listing all my charges and then my clearance through my MC bank, leaving me with a balance of zero.

As your spending on the cruise card approaches the amount of cash you deposited, you will be required to put up more. If you do not exhaust your deposit, at the end of the cruise you will have to go to the purser's desk to reclaim your unspent funds. Either way, the cash deposit method is a hassle --- much better to get, and use, a credit card --- even if it has to be a pre-paid "secured" card. The effect is the same: putting up cash in advance - but saving yourself the shipboard hassle.

Archived