STATENDAM..what is her condition?

gorka

Yes, the Statendam entered service in 1993, which is not at all old in "ship years".

Last time I sailed the Statendam, (which I admit is four years), I was perfectly happy with her condition. I'd sail her again anytime.

Just would like to know what condition she is in? The Statendam was built in 1993? ...Has it been reconditioned ? Any opinions would be welcome.....Thanks. Gorka.

Statendam is undergoing the now famous Signature of Excellence "makeover" this spring to reflect that of which Ryndam received. You can view Ryndam's makeover on my site : shipcafe.net

To say the least, she will look spectacular ... !! When do you sail?

Thanks..thinking of taking the Statendam to Australia and New Zealand January 7,2006....it seems a lot of people are planning on cruising that area...as we tried to book the Diamond Princess for Dec 22, 2005 ..she is booked already....so...we will decide soon. Thanks, Gorka.

The Statendam is in excellent (some would say "mint" condition). She was fantastic when I was aboard her in 2002.

As a side note ... I'm in San Diego today and I saw the Statendam at the Ship Terminal. She looked great from the outside. :)

I board the Oosterdam tomorrow!

Christopher and I are thinking about booking the Statendam for 2006 March cruise from Hong Kong to Osaka ... that trip looks just wonderful! If HAL is smart, they'll keep posting a ship over there to provide extended cruises in that part of the world.

We will be on Statendam again Feb. 19th to Hawaii. She is a great ship with a wonderful crew and this will be our third voyage on her in the last year and a half or so. I think much of it is attributable to Frits Gehner who most often is the hotel manager. Hope he is still onboard for our trip.

Gary

As a side note ... I'm in San Diego today and I saw the Statendam at the Ship Terminal. She looked great from the outside. :)

I board the Oosterdam tomorrow!

Have a great trip, Revneal!

I guess the Statendam just returned from that 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise. I sure hope someone who was on it posts their impressions. I'm doing that cruise next year and would love to get some direct feedback from others.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived