Waitlisted dining?

Caribbophile

I booked the Destiny 6/28 cruise last-minute and was told all dining choices were wait-listed & I'd have to see maitre-D after checking in. Has anyone else had this hassle before? Have taken several cruises (often last-minute bookings) & this never happened to us before. We absolutely can't handle late seating as husband is undergoing chemo & tires early (plus we just don't like eating that late). Really hoping for the dine when you please option.

I booked the Destiny 6/28 cruise last-minute and was told all dining choices were wait-listed & I'd have to see maitre-D after checking in. Has anyone else had this hassle before? Have taken several cruises (often last-minute bookings) & this never happened to us before. We absolutely can't handle late seating as husband is undergoing chemo & tires early (plus we just don't like eating that late). Really hoping for the dine when you please option.

Never had this issue, but I am quite sure if you explain the medical situation to the Maitre'D, he will do everything he can to accommodate. I do know that the anytime dining has proven to be quite popular on Carnival.

Until I turned platinum, I was wait listed for all dining for about 2 weeks and then it would show I got what I picked. More than likely you will be assigned something, probably what you picked when you get your S&S card, if not, the maitre d' has always given us what we picked, but we had to wait a night to start early when we picked it.

DO tell your cabin steward if you have to change. I didnt know it was my responsibility and we went the whole week arguing with him why he wasnt giving us turn down at night, took until friday before he told me it was MY fault for not telling him we changed to early dining time.

I had one cruise I booked last minute. I was wait listed, even as a platinum

member. I also have a child with medical issue which needs to eat early.

I got a letter from the doctor telling carnival that they must eat early.

I contacted special needs to make sure they were aware of the issue.

When we checked in it was already taken care of for us.

Definitely try the special needs department first. If not, go right to dining room as soon as you board and just tell the maitre d' that you want early dining and that should take care of it. I do think special needs will take care of it though.

Archived