Why did NCL get rid of expresso machines??

zoncom

I used to love the casual cruise style on NCL. Stopped cruising with them when they pulled the free self service Miele expresso machines out of lido. To me it was a bit different perk, no other line, to my knowledge, had them. Anyone else miss them or is it just me?

Well.. I understand your disappointment. On the Dawn was the sailing where we encountered the most changes of the "little" things that we always enjoyed. Usually the big things they change don't bother me as much. It's the little things I usually miss the most.

As far as why they did it... they did it for the same reason any company makes a change. To make money, to save money, or to comply with a regulation. Any change a company makes you can bet falls into one of those catagories.

We're sailing NCL again later in the years and yes, we'll have an espresso machine in our suite.....however, we realllllly loved the espresso machines aft in the buffet on the Pearl [and her sisters].....we'd run in throughout the day for a quick cappucino.....and decaf tooo. It's nice to have it in the suite at the crack of dawn....but equally nice to be able to enjoy it in one of the public spaces. I'm sure it's all about $$$$...and some of it is cost of crew....those machines required alot of care and alot of clean up....and it probably seemed like a good cost-cutter. We love NCL because we NEVER EVER have to 'dress up.' We do enjoy the [former] little extra touches and are willing to pay for them to be included in the cost of the cruise.

I used to love the casual cruise style on NCL. Stopped cruising with them when they pulled the free self service Miele expresso machines out of lido. To me it was a bit different perk, no other line, to my knowledge, had them. Anyone else miss them or is it just me?

Lets see if I understand this right, you stopped sailing with NCL because they removed the expresso machines. Can I assume you are still crusing with other lines that do not have expresso machines. Reason for removing them could be, abuse and too much of a maintance costs.

Well.. I understand your disappointment. On the Dawn was the sailing where we encountered the most changes of the "little" things that we always enjoyed. Usually the big things they change don't bother me as much. It's the little things I usually miss the most.

As far as why they did it... they did it for the same reason any company makes a change. To make money, to save money, or to comply with a regulation. Any change a company makes you can bet falls into one of those catagories.

These days, it's ALWAYS about making more money. Same reason for pulling all the self service laundry rooms off the ships as well as ending the "Compass Rewards" credit card program. Too many other cut backs to mention. Seems to have all started after Apollo came into the picture.

More likely NCL would rather sell you one for $5.

Actually when I was on the Gem last month I think they were around $3 or so...and they were quite good -better than what came out of the machines in the Buffet last year on the Gem.

Archived