Children at the White hot party on Jewel

Listen, if this White hot Party is as good as it sounds and looks on youtube, I don't want my kids around...:cool:

Yeah, and every movie is as good as it appears in its trailer, right? ha ha ha ha ha

Until you've been to one, I wouldn't be too quick to make that call. If you get the chance to attend one and tell your kids they can't go, I'll bet two things will happen - first, you'll feel a little silly sitting there watching all the other kids enjoying the family appropriate stuff during the early hours of the party, and second, you'll have some unhappy kids to deal with the next day when all their friends in Kid's Crew tell them what a blast they had and ask them why they weren't there... :cool:

Has anyone else noticed that every single poster who has stated in their post that they have actually attended a White Hot Party (or more than one) has also stated that it is appropriate for all ages?

So, does actual experience not trump speculation? :)

I hate to break this trend, but I have attended two white hot parties, and I do not feel that they are suitable for children. The whole affair is based on alcohol promotion and scantily clad revelers. It is certainly the parent's choice to attend with children, but I don't think it is appropriate. Would you take your kids to a nightclub at home with deafening music and many drunken patrons? If not, then you might want to consider skipping this party for a more family-oriented activity.

Has anyone else noticed that every single poster who has stated in their post that they have actually attended a White Hot Party (or more than one) has also stated that it is appropriate for all ages?

So, does actual experience not trump speculation? :)

Some parents idea of appropriate could be off base.

I have cruised with NCL 5 times 20 cruises total, but I do not know what the "White Hot Party" is. Would someone describe it for me? I will be on the Jewel in March with a 7& 9 year old. The 7 year old likes to stay up late.

The White Hot Party is a dance party set in a sea of white. The CD staff are all in white, which guests are encouraged to wear as well. If I remember correctly from last June, there were a lot of white feather boas and balloons.

I haven't been to a White Hot Party yet so I don't think I should comment. But I have noticed on shore lots of parents taking kids into "bar" areas in restaurants like Chili’s, Champs, Old Chicago’s and such. I use to use the bar area as an escape from families. Some parents can keep their kids from screaming and running around but not all and because of that I avoid any children when I can, but now they are in bars???

Where am I supposed to have a meal without being disturbed by a loud scream or someone running around???? I wouldn’t go into a Chuckie Cheese and ask for beer and light up a smoke and start cussing… so why bring a kid into what use to be an adult only area?

Please folks keep your kids out of bars.... from what I’m reading, I don't think this applies to the White Hot Party but there are plenty of places where it does.

Archived