Cooking Demos?

AnotherVirginCruiser

Savor the Carribean with Bon Appetite is being featured on the Millennium sailings right now. We are scheduled for the second sailing in the series of specials. A different chef will be featured each week and there are demos on sea days and excursions at ports with additional chefs, including cooking classes. Check out the celebrity site, they have a lot of info about it there. I also heard that on At Sea days there is usually a cooking demo around 11am.

Hi,

There have been cooking, ice carving, and table decor classes and exhibitions on virtually every Celebrity cruise we've been on -- both in C-Class and M-Class vessels.

On our last sailing, which was on the Summit, the Head Chef and two of his assistants gave two seminars. Both were fun and informative, and it was wonderful to find the Head Chef to be someone with a delightful platform presence and sense of humor.

Check out the selected Celebrity sailings the previous poster referred to, which are uniquely geared toward a very special culinary experience. Possibly your FIL would enjoy one of those. What I referred to above is just on a regular cruise.

CM

On M Class twice a week in the 2nd largest lounge with the hole upstairs looking down. On Connie the Chef Marcus did fillet mignon, which was dinner than night & Sudi did martinis for folks. On Infinity, Clair did a fish which I didn't tase since I only like crustaisions (sp) and no drinks with it but DESERT chef. There we learned the potato baskets, much talked about here, take 8 hours to prepare for dinner the next night. All night they shave & fry these, but he did creme brulee with a teeny tiny blow torch, that he states he has in his pocket to warm food up. Then the waiters bring carts filled with dishes for everyone...........

I went to the regular cooking demo on the Century last month. It was great. The chef had a passenger help cook filet mignon. A bartender mixed up a blue martini. And the head pastry chef demonstrated making things out of marzipan. Waiters brought trays of the steak and the martinis (in 2-ounce glasses) for people to taste.

Archived