Cabin assignment??

Harmons

O.K., after reading so much about the GRNTY cabin option I called today and asked our TA to book our cruise on the Fantasy for June 2nd with an inside GRNTY. I was under the impression that I would get a TBA status and that sometime in the future I would get cabin assignment.

Well, my TA called me back in less than 1 hr.(after she booked the cruise) and said we got cabin u-92 which is a 4-C. She said we paid for a 4-A and therefore we got a 2 level upgrade.

Is this how it is supposed to work? Is this about the best we can expect? Is there a chance we would get another upgrade?

I am confussed because in all of the posts I have read, no one mentioned getting immeadiate assignments when booking the GRNTY.

Thanks,

I am of the opinion that you shouldn't book a guarantee at a certain level if you would be unhappy at that level. We booked a balcony guarantee b/c we really want a balcony and nothing less. It's too unpredictable to book an inside guarantee hoping for a better category of room altogether.

When you're at the height of cruising season, which June 2 is, you can just about bet that you're not going to get much of an upgrade with a guarantee cabin. Ships are selling out and there isn't much in the way of upgrades available. So, book a guarantee at the lowest level of cabin that you want, but don't book an inside hoping for an upgrade to a balcony.

DW and I booked a GTY (Mini Suite) on the Golden in April. There is only one Mini Suite left on the entire ship (D110 - Dolphin Deck - Forward) By booking the GTY my TA advised us that if that cabin is sold prior to the cruise, and there aren't any other Mini Suite cancellations, we will be 99% assured a garanteed upgrade. An upgrade from there is either a family suite or grand suite. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I originally booked the highest deck, balcony cabin (Aloha Deck - Cabin A305). My TA called me an informed us that for $200.oo more, I could upgrade to the Mini Suite w/ a GTY. I did this in an effort to luck out with even a better upgrade.

John

Archived