possible change to itinery dream

if you check the port of mallorca shipping website it says the dream leaves tomorrow night 23.30 destnation livorno italy. should have been la goulette tunis . i go tomorrow maybe misprint ? not bothered tho wasnt getting of in la goulette anway .

if you check the port of mallorca shipping website it says the dream leaves tomorrow night 23.30 destnation livorno italy. should have been la goulette tunis . i go tomorrow maybe misprint ? not bothered tho wasnt getting of in la goulette anway .

There are frequently errors in the details on port schedules - we've even been on a Thomson cruises and allegedly never been to any of the ports!!!!!:eek: I fear that your hopes about giving La Goulette a miss may be misplaced though as I understand they have to visit a non-EU country in the itinerary to be able to open the duty free shop! At least that will be one compensation for having to go to there!!;) (This apparently was the reason behind Rhodes being replaced by Marmaris on the Spirit's Pearls of the Aegean cruise this season.) It may be that the itinerary order has been changed though - and even that La Goulette has been dropped - but I think another non-EU port would be the substitution.

There are frequently errors in the details on port schedules - we've even been on a Thomson cruises and allegedly never been to any of the ports!!!!!:eek: I fear that your hopes about giving La Goulette a miss may be misplaced though as I understand they have to visit a non-EU country in the itinerary to be able to open the duty free shop! At least that will be one compensation for having to go to there!!;) (This apparently was the reason behind Rhodes being replaced by Marmaris on the Spirit's Pearls of the Aegean cruise this season.) It may be that the itinerary order has been changed though - and even that La Goulette has been dropped - but I think another non-EU port would be the substitution.

took a tour from La Goulette to Carthage and Sidi Bou Said which was lovely. a really enjoyable tour with a good guide.

Can't believe the number of people I have heard say they did not get off the ship in Alexandria on a couple of the cruises I have been on.

I shared a taxi from outside the port with another lady travelling on her own. It cost us £20 between us for almost three hours. The driver was very pleasant and took us wherever we wanted to go. We went to the Library and King Farouk's palace, which was beautiful ,and many other sites. He told us to take as long as we wished at each stop then returned us to the port gates when we asked him. It was one of the best days of my cruise. ( P & P Land, March 2010 ) Be aware at all times , but don't let

too much caution spoil what could be a great experience

Have a great time groundsman:) I agree with you about La Goulette, we went on a ship's excursion, but Tunis is a bit of a dump!

I don't know if they have to go out of the EU, because when we went on 4th May and we only went to Spain, France and Italy.

Anyway have a good holiday:)

Have a great time groundsman:) I agree with you about La Goulette, we went on a ship's excursion, but Tunis is a bit of a dump!

I don't know if they have to go out of the EU, because when we went on 4th May and we only went to Spain, France and Italy.

Anyway have a good holiday:)

That's interesting, Linda. Did the duty free open? If so, it sounds as though what we were told may be wrong. :confused:

Can't believe the number of people I have heard say they did not get off the ship in Alexandria on a couple of the cruises I have been on. bankiegirl (I haven't mastered multiple quotes either! :o )

I agree with you completely, bankiegirl. We always get off at every port and either explore or, if my research hasn't provided very good reviews of a particular destination, then we go off on a DiY trip or ship's excursion. That's all part of the excitement for us - seeing what places are like. True, some may not have fantastic appeal but there's always something of interest in the area. (I'm far too nosey not to get off the ship!:o)

Have a good time, groundsman. :D

Archived