Liquor

PMO

We are sailing on the Brillance on July 14th. My husband has acquired a taste for bourbon and will be interested in having a drink after a long day of touring in our room. Is it possible to buy a bottle of bourbon at a bar and take it, or have it delivered to our room? I know he could use room service but that is inconvenient waiting for them to arrive, sometimes they are quite backed up. Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

We are sailing on the Brillance on July 14th. My husband has acquired a taste for bourbon and will be interested in having a drink after a long day of touring in our room. Is it possible to buy a bottle of bourbon at a bar and take it, or have it delivered to our room? I know he could use room service but that is inconvenient waiting for them to arrive, sometimes they are quite backed up. Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

No.

I thought the Barcelona port was the one where the duty free shop was after the security inspection. I've seen a lot of people post that they brought liquor onto the ship that way. Maybe someone who has done it can comment.

"There is a duty free shop after security at Barcelona. I bought a bottle of champagne and I put it in my carry on case. No problems. Don't see why a UK cruiser should not be able to use it. It was selling to all nationalities."

"Exactly the same last November (2008) too- duty free shop after all the security shops just before you went up the escalator to board the ship. Your bags were not checked after this stage. Not sure what the prices were like though.

I have often wondered why more people don't mention this."

"We were on Brilliance in November and yes the store was after the scanners. You still had to show your seapass card (put it in the machine) but there was no baggage check. We dropped our luggage and went back out and bought water, pop and wine. No problem."

Aug 2009 was different: "There is no uniformity as to how your experience will be, ours have ranged from no problem to a member of crew staff walking around the shop and then collaring us after purchase to take it off us, all with a smile of course. I have heard the sales assistant at the till in the shop tell a guest after they have paid that alcohol will be taken off them . You pay your money and take a chance."

Just stop at any of the bars on your way back to the cabin and get a cpl of doubles in a glass with no ice. When you arrive at the cabin, he'll have his bourbon, and can the then put his ice in. No waiting, or watered down drink. Pretty simple.

Thanks for your help, we can try the duty free shop and then if that doesn't work go to the bar. I appreciate your input, I just do not think having a drink on your balcony is that unreasonable. They could allow us on a 12 day cruise to buy one bottle and to consume in our own room. I am not asking for much, we don't want to drink in the bar but in our own room.

Thanks for your help, we can try the duty free shop and then if that doesn't work go to the bar. I appreciate your input, I just do not think having a drink on your balcony is that unreasonable. They could allow us on a 12 day cruise to buy one bottle and to consume in our own room. I am not asking for much, we don't want to drink in the bar but in our own room.

No one looked in or checked our bags after we stopped in the duty free. We bought alcoholic stuff and soda. Very easy but put it inside your carryon don't flaunt it.

Archived