Car rental in Juneau

PlanoDebbie

Has anyone rented a car in Juneau through Rent-a-wreck? I can't seem to find any pricing information on their website. There are several things we'd love in do in Juneau, and if we can rent a car for a reasonable price, that's what we'd love to do. I know they're located close to the pier and convenient as all of the other car rental places are out at the airport.

Any info regarding booking a car and costs involved would be greatly appreciated. We head for Alaska in 20 more days!

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone rented a car in Juneau through Rent-a-wreck? I can't seem to find any pricing information on their website. There are several things we'd love in do in Juneau, and if we can rent a car for a reasonable price, that's what we'd love to do. I know they're located close to the pier and convenient as all of the other car rental places are out at the airport.

Any info regarding booking a car and costs involved would be greatly appreciated. We head for Alaska in 20 more days!

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Debbie:

We did three years ago and it worked out really well. They had a shuttle that picked us up at the pier and took us to their office (at that time anyway). We were able to return the car to a parking garage much closer to the pier. The staff was really great and we had to wait only about 10 or 15 minutes to do the paperwork and be on our way.

As I recall it was about $25-$30 for the day and we had an early 1980s Mercury Grand Marquis. We went all over the place at our leisure and had a wonderful day!:D

Have a fantastic cruise!!

We rented from them last year, and again this year. A compact vehicle is $51.75 including all taxes. They are friendly people, and their vehicles are great. They no longer have a shuttle to pick you up at the dock and drive you 12 miles to their office, and back. Their new location is only 1.1 miles from the furthest cruise ship dock, and 4 blocks to the closest. This is actually better because you can return the car as late as 8pm rather than 5pm like last year. It sounds walkable, or there are taxis available. You can call toll free (888) 843-4111, or email Helen at konnierentawreck@acsalaska.net.

You are smart to rent a car as there is so much to do! One of the best days ever.

I have rented with them for our cruise in August. They say we can walk to their location. About $58 for a mid-size. They were already out of full size, and I called a month ago. I called them for the reservation, 1-888-843-4111. They were very nice on the phone and sent me a little map of things to do in the mail. Hope your trip goes well. This is our first time to Alaska, so I'm no expert!

We rented from them last year, and again this year. A compact vehicle is $51.75 including all taxes. They are friendly people, and their vehicles are great. They no longer have a shuttle to pick you up at the dock and drive you 12 miles to their office, and back. Their new location is only 1.1 miles from the furthest cruise ship dock, and 4 blocks to the closest. This is actually better because you can return the car as late as 8pm rather than 5pm like last year. It sounds walkable, or there are taxis available. You can call toll free (888) 843-4111, or email Helen at konnierentawreck@acsalaska.net.

You are smart to rent a car as there is so much to do! One of the best days ever.

Wow! Things have changed a lot since we did this! I'll be sure to put this in my Alaska info for our next cruise. Thank you!

Thanks for all the great info! I don't know how people can cruise without using the wonderful advice from my fellow CC friends.

We're only in Juneau from 8:00 to 5:00, but I think the price of the rental car will be well worth it. We'd like to go spend more time at Mendenhall Glacier, the Alaskan Beer Brewery and I'm really hoping to find a few quilt shops as well.

I'm more than happy to have a 1980's Mercury Grand Marquis, if they have any. My husband drives a 2001 model and we really love that car!

Thanks again for all your info. You guys are the best!!!:D:D:D

Archived