Chicago on Allure

I havent paid much attention to "entertainment news" so whats the deal with these big shows on these ships? hairspray on oasis? chicago on allure? is the WHOLE show performed? every night? only some nights? some songs at a time? do you need tickets? can you get tix from the suite concierge?

educate me!

I havent paid much attention to "entertainment news" so whats the deal with these big shows on these ships? hairspray on oasis? chicago on allure? is the WHOLE show performed? every night? only some nights? some songs at a time? do you need tickets? can you get tix from the suite concierge?

educate me!

The "entire" show is not performed - it is shortened. All shows are the same. You need to make a reservation either on your cabin TV or YES-the concierge can do it for you. Your ship pass is your ticket.

Hairspray was great. Can't wait to see Chicago. The time slots for the shows are scattered through out the cruise so make your reservations early. The way the shows are arranged makes mytime dinning almost a necessity.

Enjoy :)

Is there an upcharge for these shows? Or just need a reservation - sort of like the ice show?

There is no upcharge for the shows. You don't really "need" a reservation for the shows, you might get in without one, but you will have to wait in line until just before the show and take your chances.

• 3 weeks later...

Royal Caribbeans website's latest blog talks about Chicago. The VP for entertainment visited Hollywood to get a sneak preview of the show and also a sneak peak of Shrek and the gang.

Royal Caribbeans website's latest blog talks about Chicago. The VP for entertainment visited Hollywood to get a sneak preview of the show and also a sneak peak of Shrek and the gang.

I read that last week. Interesting article. Of course Lisa did not have far to travel as she only went to Hollywood Florida.:)

I would definitely recommend pre-booking your shows through your online booking, we done this in advance and got our preferred times and dates. We didn't book the comedy show as we reckoned it wouldn't be a problem to get in, but we didn't manage to get in any night!! So unless you want to miss out on all the great entertainment - book online as far in advance as you can! The bookings are saved onto your seapass account and they just scan your card as you're entering the venue. Great idea - can't wait to see this extended across some more RC ships.

I would book anything you have an interest in well in advance. The sheer amount of people onboard is staggering! The specialty retaurants are only so big, and have limited seating.Days at sea a full of people trying to get seats for dinners and shows.

Archived