Port of Tampa parking...

Danyelle_

We are sailing on the Inspiration on 2/24...was just wondering about parking. We will be driving to the port....how is parking....any suggestions on how early to arrive?

Thanks for all your help!

Parking there is great - we have sailed out of Tampa a few times... you will want to first drive past the parking garage and drop off your luggage (covered area past the round-about). Then come back around (it will be obvious once you are there) and pull into the parking garage... there will usually be someone there asking if you have dropped off your luggage yet - since many people unknowingly try to park first. Here is a tip - try to park at the far end of the garage (from where you pull in) near the elevators - even if you need to go up an extra level to get near them. You may find them useful.

We always arrive at 11am. This will get you there on the leading edge of the masses. I would avoid getting there from 12-1. Once (due to a wreck which STOPPED traffic on the interstate when we decided to drive down the SAMEDAY :rolleyes: ) we arrived between 2:30-3:00 and went through rather quickly - since the lines had faded...

Tom

11am

FYI. Once the ship sails the area designated for the Carnival ship you are sailing on, will be closed by a locked gate. There are also guards patrolling the area. It is a very secure area. When we were on the Miracle, we parked on the fourth level toward the ship and directly across from the elevators. As stated above 11:00 am is a good time to arrive.

Thanks for asking that question! We will be in Tampa May 9th, for our 5 dayer, and had never thought to ask that ??? Had planned on getting there at around 11:00, driving down from Ohio, plan on getting a hotel the night before the cruise leaves port. I have started a "Scrap-book", in which I put in

alot of the info that I find on these boards. Mind isn't quite the "Steel Trap" it used to be, LOL. Things like, "Things Carnival Doesn't Tell You About", "Free Things", maps, directions, etc. Makes for good reading/reviewing, and able to make notes to myself. Also, have started my packing list.

Couting down the days!!!

Matt

FYI. Once the ship sails the area designated for the Carnival ship you are sailing on, will be closed by a locked gate. There are also guards patrolling the area. It is a very secure area.

I wouldn't say that. Your vehicle may be safe from theft in the enclosed lot, but break-ins do happen. There was a report a year or so ago where 30 vehicles in that lot were broken into in one night. Do not leave anything of value in your vehicle there.

You may want to also think about using their valet service. It is great and it only cost $10.00 extra. My husband pulled us under the covered area at the terminal (there were 4 of us). There was a porter right there. He helped us unload our bags. A man from the parking service came over and directed us to the payment stand, right there under the covered area. We paid $80.00, instead of $70.00 for the week.(credit cards accepted) They gave us a claim check and told us where they would bring our car on our return (which was in the garage).

On our return, our porter told my husband where to take the claim check. The porter got our luggage and carried across the street to the parking garage where the valet returns the cars. It was fantastic! Well worth the extra $10.00.

Archived