Carnival Brides--Cake Topper Question

I'm trying to find a cake topper that I like, and I keep going back to these glass toppers. I'm worried that they'll be too heavy for a 2 tier cake though. This one is from etsy seller, YourKeepsakeCo, and is 5.18” x 3.67” and over ¾ inches (.81) thick. I messaged the seller and asked how heavy it was, and she said it was glass, and pretty heavy. Do you think it the cake will hold it?

We're an interracial couple, so it's been tough finding a "traditional" cake topper.

glasscaketopper.jpg

Thanks!

I can't really answer if that one would work or not. But here is a link to some glass-blown toppers that are not that heavy. He also does custom pieces to match your theme (if you have one)

That topper looks pretty heavy. I wouldn't risk it if it were me. Have you thought about just putting flowers on the top of the cake? I don't like the topper that carnival plans to put on mine and I haven't found one I like either. It's not a big deal to me to take a topper home for it to sit on a shelf collecting dust. So I decided to go with flowers on top of my cake instead. I still need to contact my planner to make sure it can be done, but I don't see why not. I want my cake to match the colors I chose for my wedding so I plan to bring my own silk flowers for the cake.

A plastic topper would be lite weight. Or you can use fresh flowers that you can order from the ship to decorate the cake.

If my grandma was around she would home make the topper out of sugar with both names and date of wedding, and name of the ship.

What about putting a ship decoration on top of the cake?

Attached is what I did for my cake topper, I also added the silk roses to add some color to the cake instead of it being all white.

Nice! That is what I had in mind. Last night while at Walmart I found a topper on clearance for $6! It's a good size silver double heart prick with rhinestones on the hearts. I plan to put roses around them and along the bottom tier too.

Were you able to place your flowers on the cake yourself or did you give them to someone with the wedding planners to do it?

Thanks everybody! I was having trouble finding flower heads to match the flowers in my bouquets (red and white gerbera daisies--bought from an e-bay seller), but one of my bridesmaids dropped out of the wedding so I'm going to see if I can take apart her bouquet to decorate the cake.

Silk flowers are usually really easy to seperate the heads from the stems, most of the time they just pop off, if not just get a pair of wire cutters and cut them right below the heads.

Archived