Booking solo cabin

Biffer1997

I am thinking of booking a solo cabin (either 1A or interior) for a cruise in Dec. Is it possible to add someone else into the booking at a later date? Will the price be adjusted to reflect the current rates or will it be covered since the room will already been paid at the 200% rate? I know additional costs will be incurred by port charges, taxes, tips, etc. Will it matter if I book ES or past guest rate?

port charges are included in every cruisefare you see on Carnival, so you dont have to care. Only fees and taxes are added on, a much smaller amount.

I dont know how a TBA would work out if you were booking ES, might not work ... so I would get anything in writing if you book, what they tell you the terms are.

ES rates dont include name changes is the problem with it and adding someone later, might not be your best option, Id guess.

Yes, you can add someone at a later date, but the 2nd person would pay whatever the fare is going for at the time they are added. Only you would be covered (the rate you book at not counting the added supplement). It may not seem fair, but Carnival never plays fair. And you can add someone in later (book solo now, add them later), regardless of what rate you used-earlysaver, past guest, fun saver, etc. But if you use earlysaver, there are no name changes allowed.

I encourage you to only book a 1A if a porthole 1A is available. I'm calling for a boycott of all 1As that don't have a porthole or the double windows. Let's leave those rooms empty from now on! Maybe then, Carnival will at least put those rooms back to 150%. If you don't get at least a porthole from a 1A, you might as well spend $40 more and get a category PT or 4A, and you'll then have extra space and the 2 regular beds that can push together.

I hope I misunderstood, but it sounds as if I book as a solo and pay (for example), $719, and someone decides to come in and share my cabin, and the room is then going for $400, they would not take any money from the $719 to offset the new room rate? That is absurd--I had already (in essence) PAID for a 2nd person!

done it many times...right now, I have a $375 G't,after my %'s off that I won.,/orig $538) if I add a pal, we each go for $278. I have added a peep for only $68 more. It is refigured at the CURRENT RATE, maybe, maybe not the same or lower price,.... but in the scheme of it..If I get $$$ back..it's a DEAL, usually over $100..just called yesterday, for next Feb

I hope I misunderstood, but it sounds as if I book as a solo and pay (for example), $719, and someone decides to come in and share my cabin, and the room is then going for $400, they would not take any money from the $719 to offset the new room rate? That is absurd--I had already (in essence) PAID for a 2nd person!

No, once you add a 2nd person, the 200% solo supplement is dropped. So, for example, if you book solo at a rate of $360, you're on the line to pay $720 for just you. But, if you later add a 2nd person at the rate (at that time) of $400, the 2 of you would wind up paying $760 total ($360 for you, $400 for the 2nd). And of course, add government fees on top of that. The unfair part that I was referring to is that the 2nd person would have to pay the $400 and not the $360, which was the answer to one of your original questions.

Hello luckycruzer! Good to hear from you again!:)

Archived