Looking for suggestions on things to do

birdcat

Hi Kids -

My wife and I will be sailing into Cozumel in a few weeks and I am looking for some suggestions on things to do.

We are not beach people (so snorkel, swim, catamaran cruise, etc... are out) and also do not want to ride the ferry to the mainland (did that twice before - horrible ride). We are also not bar hoppers (although we did do Carlos & Charlies for lunch once).

We are museum/historical sights kind of folks and don't mind walking a bit (just not mountain climbing ;->).

We've done the submarine twice but would be willing to do something similar - maybe a glass bottom boat???

I am also a semi-pro videographer/producer so anything interesting looking is great (rainforest, caves, stuff like that).

Anybody have any novel suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Kids -

My wife and I will be sailing into Cozumel in a few weeks and I am looking for some suggestions on things to do.

We are not beach people (so snorkel, swim, catamaran cruise, etc... are out) and also do not want to ride the ferry to the mainland (did that twice before - horrible ride). We are also not bar hoppers (although we did do Carlos & Charlies for lunch once).

We are museum/historical sights kind of folks and don't mind walking a bit (just not mountain climbing ;->).

We've done the submarine twice but would be willing to do something similar - maybe a glass bottom boat???

I am also a semi-pro videographer/producer so anything interesting looking is great (rainforest, caves, stuff like that).

Anybody have any novel suggestions?

Thanks!

If you're history/musuem types go to Discover Mexico.

http://www.discovermexico.org/

or the Museo de la Isla just north of the main plaza in San Miguel.

Or take a taxi to San Gervasio and see the small Mayan ruins site there.

Check out the threads here on "where locals eat" and enjoy a better lunch than what you overpaid at C&C.

Take the shopping and highlights tour...not much shopping, just basically info on what not to buy, but we went to Discover Mexico, a great museum, then on to El Cedral, a tiny town with a church and Mayan ruin on the same property(the only one in Mexico) then drive to the south of the isalnd and back up on the east side, beautiful!!!!!, and then to a demonstration tequila factory, the whole trip was educational and fun. then into town, where you could get off and ship, or have lunch, or they will take you back to the ship. It was one of my favorite memories and dyas on my Legend cruise.

Archived