ROLL CALL - Mediterranea - 4/3/05

Ms.Bee

Hello Elvislover1.........welcome, welcome to the 4/3 gang!

Glad to hear you will be cruising with us. As you can see, we have many different states represented here and our group is made up of all ages. We have two sons too, all grown up though. I see you are from sunny Florida, how nice!! We have temps. here in PA today of 25 degrees with a 14 degree wind chill. We are tired of it!! It won't be long though till it starts to warm up a bit and having our cruise to look forward to really makes it easier to take. I am not worried at all about our ship. It sounds lovely from what I have read and the days of "a little sun, a little rum & a little fun" (quote from Rae in our thread) are calling to me!!! So, welcome again to the thread!

Desiree, glad to hear you got your honeymoon docs! I can't even begin to imagine how busy you must be. Keep dancing in Greenville......

The 4/3 cruisin Meds. have grown to 23 now!! And I do believe I count 35 days till Ms. BEE and her Honey (too corny?) will be on the Sea! Sorry, I couldn't resist..................Ciao for now, Ms. Bee;)

:D Desiree -

How psyched are you?! 35 days till you march down the aisle!!! Here's wishing you guys a fab day. Ken and I celebrated our 10 th last Aug. 20 it seems like yesterday. Being married is wonderful especially when it's with your best friend! All the best to you both. See you on the ship for a Congrats toast!!!!!

ps - we haven't received our docs yet, hopefully soon...

Kim

Hello All -

Ms. Bee - It is certainly nice living in Florida now but not so much last year when we got hit by 2 hurricanes!! Came through both of them fine but sure changes your outlook a bit! We are marking off the days on our calendar and can't wait for April 3 to get here! I've just read a couple of reviews from some folks that just finished a cruise on our ship and it is amazing how two people can feel so differently. We are opened minded and feel certain it's going to be great! The time cannot pass quickly enough! Looking forward to meeting all who have joined our little group!;)

Hello to all in the group!

Question for anyone... about how long has it taken for you to receive your docuements once you made your reservation? We made ours just about 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten them yet. Just curious! Thanks!

Hi my name is also Desiree, and I'll be cruising with my husband Cedric, my 17 yr old son, my mother and father in-law, and my brother in-law and his family. This is our 2nd spring break cruise on the Mediterannea and we obviously love it!!

Ciao!

Hello and welcome Cedez (Desiree) to our 2 PAGE Cruisin Meds. gang!

So nice to hear that you have been on our ship before and that you like it so much!! I guess if we have questions about the Mediterranea, you would be a good one to advise us. Welcome to your hubby Cedric too, and your son, mother and father in-law, and brother in-law family. You have a good size group sailing there, I am guessing about 8 people? Desiree, may I ask the first question? What time did you board the ship last year and was it a Western Caribbean Cruise? Welcome again Desiree, as you have read, our other Deisree is quite busy right now preparing for her wedding day! We will have such a lovely occasion to toast to when we all meet on the BIG SHIP!

Elivslover1, you had asked about documents. We had booked our cruise in August and received our docs on 2/21. Hopefully yours will be in soon. We are all getting anxious now and I count about 28 days till we EMBARK!

Wannacruz, you had mentioned that you and your hubby are Italian. Well, we had a man who is from Italy over to our home on Thursday night for dinner. His name is Palo and he works with my husband in business. He is a very nice man and we love to hear him talk of Italy. By now, he is back home in Italy. My husband, Darrel (Dario), has been to Italy a number of times. I also remember Desiree (the bride) saying that her fiance, Matthew, used to live in Italy. The "Italian Flair" wil be lovely on the ship!

I think we have about 31 people in our thread now!!! The numbers may be off a bit, but that is one big group. Looking forward to meeting you all on the bellissima Mediterranea. Ciao..........Ms. Bee;), Denise;)

Hello Everyone,

27 days till the cruise! 26 days till i'm married! All the planning is finally done! Now i know why people elope, I think that if people let all this stress get to them no one would be married. Looking back at it all i'd say it was all worth the stress. Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing some drinks! :o

Less than 4 weeks of dieting and exercise to go. ;)

Hello Ms Bee, I am Brian from the sunny west coast and this is my first cruise. I am travelling with my sister, her husband and their two teens. I am "so ready" for the fun and adventure. My toga is prepared and I have a new bottle of sunscreen :D eh

Is there any other Canadians or Europeans on this cruise?????

Remember to hug a Canadian for luck :cool:

...but the itin was different. Last year we stopped at Key West (quick stop...don't try to schedule too much), then Progreso (loved it! the ruins were awesome), then Cozumel (can't wait to get back there..we never left the dock area and had a good time) and then Freeport (not thrilled..water was too cold and almost had a head on collision on the way back to the boat). We boarded last year around one, the line was long but we were all so excited that it really wasn't bad at all. It will be the first cruise for my brother in law and his kids so they will be the ones walking around with their jaws dropped ; D. We plan on getting there even earlier this time... the sooner the better!

Yeah!!! We have Canadians now!!! Welcome aboard DesertCanuk, always great to be with our neighbors up North, Eh??

We are probably about as close to Canuk as you will get, we are not that far from Canada (29 miles across Lake Erie or 1 hour and 40 min. ride). We have been to Canada many times. We so enjoy our visits! We have been to quite a few musicals in Toronto, they are always very good!

Brian, that's wonderful that your toga is prepared!! You are ahead of me in that department..........did you rent one or go buy one?? I have also been doing the dieting and excercise thing.......gotta look good in our togas!! It is so exciting that this is your first cruise.....we have others in our thread too. You guys are truely in for "the time of your lives", I guarantee it!! Welcome to your sister, hubby and their 2 teens. The teens will certainly keep things lively, Eh??;) Are you guys traveling the day ahead of embarking? We are because we can never trust the weather in this area. Well, welcome again and I guess with your party we now have about 36 Cruizin Meds!!!

Cedez, Desiree, thanks for the feedback on the boarding time and itinerary. We will try to get to the ship early too! It is like Christmas morning isn't it? We are always soooo excited to get to our ship. You are right Desiree, the sooner the better!

Desiree (our bride), has the count at 27 days now!! Glad to hear all your planning is done now Desiree.......just try to enjoy it all now and roll with the tide! Do you mind me asking if your wedding is a large one or small? I am happy for you, you will float all day and then the next day, on to the BIG SHIP!

Ok all, let us know what your toga ideas are now......"By the sea, by the sea, by the bellissima sea, Bee and Bee, oh how happy we'll be". Sorry for the corn again...........oh well, that's me, Ms Bee. Ciao for now.

Hi again eh

Ms Bee: I actually bought the material and trim and had a seamstress sew my toga together. Still working on the "bling"' nothing too fancy though.

We plan on 2 small plane transfers to Seattle then the redeye to Miami a good 3 days ahead of the cruise. Which brings a question to you fellow thread watchers; any suggestions what to see (or don't see) in the Ft lauderdale/Miami area? (Anything except swamp/gator tours)

PS I should thank you Easterners for taking all the nasty weather this winter. We have just come off the nicest February and March is looking even better. In fact the temp was 17C (63F) this weekend in the shade. (even warmer on my south facing deck) I managed a good start to my tan. The tulips should be out next week and the apricot trees in full bloom before I leave. ;)

Thanks in advance

Brian

Hi everyone ! Ms Bee, Matthew and I are driving to Jacksonville FL on Thursday before the cruise to pick up family at the airport there and spend a couple days with them since I am from NJ and Matt is from NY, so we don't see them much.

The wedding is small, we only invited about 50. We are getting married at the same spot Matt proposed to me, under a giant live oak tree over 250 years old, right smack in the middle of downtown Jacksonville. Some people might know this kind of tree as an Angel Oak. It is a magnificent sight to see. www.jaxfountain.com/Original/oak.htm The pics on this link are not so good and don't do the tree justice. The city has built a deck and benches around the tree, plenty of room for everyone.

Brian, you really got your toga together nicely. I have no idea what we will wear. I know they give you sheets, but...........should be interesting. Toga night will be lots of fun I bet. You are right about the nasty weather in the East. Today we had a wind chill of -1 degree, way too cold, eh???

Desiree, your wedding plans sound lovely! I took a look at the website for the Treaty Oak or Angel Oak Tree that you will be married under. What a majestic and beautiful tree it is. It will be a wonderful day for you both. Thanks for sharing your plans with us. Enjoy!!!!!

26 days now....................Bouna Notte to all, Ms Bee:)

Hello All!!

Our documents came Monday!! It made it all seem so much more tangible. I cannot wait for April 3rd to get here. I don't know about some of the rest of you but the time just can't go by fast enough for me.

Chasholly- I was reading thru all the messages and noticed you were looking for somewhere to park your car in Port Canaveral and I wanted to make sure you weren't confusing our departure port. We are leaving from Port Everglades which is in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure if you've gotten your documents you know this but I wanted to make sure you didn't go the wrong port!! It's about 3 hours farther south to Ft. Lauderdale. Anyway just wanted to be sure.

It seems as if many of you will be participating in toga night, I hadn't planned on it but now I am reconsidering!

Even though we live in Florida our weather has been unseasonably cold and rainy so even I am looking forward to the sunshine and warm waters of the caribbean!

Hi Ms Bee and Everyone on the 4/3 thread -

Just got my cabin assignment today! Paid for and inside 1A Guarantee and got upgraded to a Veranda Stateroom 6 cat upgrade!!!! Yippie:D :) :p Desiree - It's getting closer to the big day, wishing you a Matthew a beautiful wedding. Where in NJ are you from? Ken and I are from North Jersey currently residing in Pompton Lakes. Counting the days and to quote you Des - Toga, Toga, Toga!!!!!!!!:D

Hi everybody........Ms Bee calling......

A big welcome to Mo, her husband Hank, and their 22 FRIENDS!! What a group! I guess that just bumped our Cruizin 4/3 Meds gang up to about 60!! I see you are coming from the West Palm Beach area, you won't have far to go to get to the BIG SHIP. We are from the cold and snowy Great White North, eh?? Welcome again Mo to you and your group........

Elvislover, glad to hear you got your docs!! Also, yes, you MUST be considering TOGA NIGHT!! Seems like we are all talking toga lately......

Kimtursiella, nice going on your upgrade!! Wow...that was great! We are also in a Veranda Stateroom, but not an upgrade. It will be just lovely to sit and watch the blue sea and feel the ocean breezes! And yes..................

to quote Desiree........"TOGA, TOGA, TOGA"!! It seems like maybe Brian (Desert Canuk) got us all moving on our toga ideas. My sister and I have decided to come up with our own creations for our hubbys and ourselves for Toga Night. Look out for the BEE HIVE on Toga Night......it will be our last night on the cruise and we will make it memorable!! Right??

"Here comes the bride".......counting today, 21 days till Desiree & Matt get hitched!! Cruizin Meds, 22 days now till we can say Boun Giorno........

Ciao for now, Ms. Bee;)

Hi Desiree - Wow Wayne how funny is that we're practically neighbors:D !!! How bout this weather 4/3 can't come soon enough. How bout the size of those snowflakes last night!!! I actually went outside in my PJs at 11:30 last night to catch one! Biggest Snowflakes I've ever seen:eek: almost freaky!! NO MORE SNOW!!!! :mad: (Even if it's just a dusting!) 22 Days and counting!!!!

I left NJ years ago, moved to Jacksonville, FL where I met Matt. He transfered with his company to Greenville,SC about three years ago. So I missed all that beautiful snow. However I am suffering through about 70 degree weather today.

This is as far north as we ever want to be...we would love to transfer back to Florida. See everyone in three weeks !! How about drinks in our suite on that huge aft balcony ?:cool:

Hello and welcome to our latest member of the 4/3 Cruizin Meds, Fireofficer5. As you can see, we have been very busy chatting and preparing for our embarkation on the BIG SHIP!! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise on the Mediterranea last year. We really anticipate a wonderful time! You asked about where we would be meeting for our cocktail party, well, we had not figured that out yet. So, let me throw this out to the gang.................

How does this sound to everyone?? Desiree, you had asked if we should meet in your suite on the hugh aft balcony. I don't know how many you could fit in, do you? If you really want to do that and you think there is room, that would be great. Don't feel pressured though if you can't. Another suggestion would be that we could meet at the Apollo Bar on Deck #9 by the pool. My sister and I were tossing around a time for our gathering. How does this sound???? We thought maybe on Monday, at 2:00 p.m. after we set sail from Key West. If we meet at 2:00, that would give anyone in our group enough time to prepare for dinner if they have 1st seating. We have second seating, but figured that others may not. I do believe that Tuesday we are at port again, so if we do meet on Monday, we will have had the opportunity to meet our Cruzin Thread gang before we get too far into the week.

So, what do you think?? It will be so nice just to meet you all!! We really do need to get that toast in for the honeymooners, eh?? So just let me know Desiree what you think about the meeting place, ok? We can go from there...................

So how many days now?? Must be 21!! Oh boy.....starting to get that rollercoaster feeling.......I love coasters!!! Ciao Cruisers, Ms. Bee (Denise)

Hi Ms. Bee (Denise),

Whenever and wherever everyone chooses to meet we will be there!! We just got our docs on Saturday. Seems like these last 3 weeks are going by TOO slowly! Getting out our suitcases this weekend to start the packing ritual. We are going down the night before (can't trust this northeast weather) and staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. We got a good rate through Priceline.

Wannacruz (Jackie)

Archived