ROLL CALL - Mediterranea - 4/3/05

Ms.Bee

Monday at 2pm is good for us ! The Apollo sounds like a more feasible place to meet since the thread has grown so much. We don't want to tip the ship over with all of us on one side. 18 days till the cruise !!! We bought our toga material today. TOGA ! TOGA ! TOGA !:cool:

Hello All-

Is everyone starting to get excited?!! I know I am. We are marking the days off the calendar at our house!

My husband and two boys have decided that we must participate in toga night but I must confess I won't be making ours. I found some at a costume store for much less than I ever could have made them. That and the fact that I can barely sew a button sealed the deal!!

Desiree - I noticed you live in Greenville, SC; my sister lived there for many years so I've been there several times. It seemed like it would be a really nice place to live and raise children.

Ms. Bee - I think the Apollo Lounge on Monday at 2:00 sounds great. Will anyone else sailing with children be bringing them to meet everyone or should we take them to the kids club?

Looking forward to putting faces with all these names (maybe we should wear name tags!!)!!

Hi Everyone!!!

What a great thread we have going!! We have some new members to welcome..........so, welcome to frenchgirl, her hubby and two kids coming from Morgantown, WV. Erie is about 3 and 1/2 hours away from Morgantown. As you can tell, we are all getting very excited about our adventure we are about to EMBARK ON!!! We are happy to have you on board with us!!

Elvislover, hello.......you had asked about bringing the kids to the get-together. Do what you want to, if you want to bring them that is fine. Just do whatever you and the kids want to do.........go with the flow!! You suggested name tags. That might not be a bad idea. We could hand them out as people come to the Apollo Bar. Would you like to be in charge of the name tags?? This will be fun..........

Desiree, lets just say we will meet at the Apollo Bar at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, after we set sail from Key West. (Sounds like a dream, too good to be true) I think you might be right about the size of the group meeting on your balcony. I see you are busy working on your TOGAS. My sister (Debbie) is sewing ours, I am not the seamstress!! This toga thing sure has gotten to be bigger than we thought in the beginning!! Only 18 more days!!

I could be loosing count, but I have about 64 people associated with the cruizin 4/3 Meds. I am sure not all will show up for our meet-up at the Apollo Bar, but we will get a nice size group!! We did this on our Hawaii cruise. It was nice to finally meet the thread group. That way, when we are dancing the night away in the disco.........we will have friends to say "Bon Giorno" to.

I will be out of town for about 5 days......going to North Carolina to see a friend. If I miss anything, I will catch up when I get home on Tuesday. So, until then, Ciao to my Cruizin Friends, Ms. Bee (Denise)

Hi everyone - Sounds like everyone is busy "making" their Togas?!? Does Costa provide extra white sheets that night or do I have to bring them from home? Help..... Thanks Kim

This is from Cruise4Andy's review of Costa Med in January.

"ENTERTAINMENT:

I don’t know about other cruise lines, but Costa sure in deed offers a wide variety of entertainment choices throughout the week. We had two wonderful production shows “Time Machine” and “Solid Gold” which were both magnificent! “Time Machine” featured the music, dances and performances throughout time, from the Medieval Era to the New Millennium and everything else in between. Great performances from the Costa Mediterranea dancers! “Solid Gold” featured countless number one hits and their stars, from Elton John, Cher, Abba, Michael Jackson and Elvis, just to name a few of them.

The first night featured an acrobatic duo, “Duo Platschkov” from Moscow, Russia. The performers won multiple performance awards and gold medals throughout Europe. It was certainly a great, upbeat performance with great music, light effects and laser show! And all of that in the Osiris Theatre! Of course there was also the final night’s Roman Bacchanal Party, combined with the Passenger Talent Show. Did not know that we had that many talented passengers on board. Lot’s of people are dressed up in toga’s, which is a blast by itself. You will get some bed sheets delivered to you stateroom with instructions on how to tie it into a toga, but of course if you want something more “advanced” you can bring your own toga as well. All I can say… another episode of “Cruise Ship Gone Wild”!

Entertainment Rating: “10”

Everything except for the personal touches. A few spare safety pins might not be a bad idea.

Brian

toga toga toga toga toga.jpg

Hi we are: Lori, who will celebrate her 30th (the big 3-0) birthday on the 24th of March, Ken, (the dad :) ) 35, Jericho, 10 and Jordan, 8 both wonderful boys. Also with us will be her mother, Jane and our niece Courtney, 9. We also will be celebrating our 12th anniversery on April the 23rd. We are from Tennessee and just last Thursday we woke up with almost 4 inches of snow on the ground :eek: . Any way as you can guess we are more than ready to start our vacation. We hope to see some of you there and we all have a great time, some things to never forget and some to forget before we wake up in the morning:p . So good luck and great cruising. The Makins Family

Hi makins77 I am sure my older son (just turned 9) would love to hang out with your boys. It will be nice to kind of know someone to introduce him to! My other son is 4 1/2 so a little young unless they don't mind him tagging along! My oldest is Wesley and the little one is Bryce. Will you be going to the meet and greet Ms. Bee has set up for Monday in the Apollo Lounge? If so maybe we can hook up there?

Hi Everyone, I'm back. Just returned from North Carolina. Now I have alot of catching up to do!!

Welcome to our newest members of the Cruizin 4/3 Meds., the Makins Family from Tennessee. You have a nice size group coming and I am so glad you are planning to attend our Cruizin Meds. meet-up on 4/4 at the Apollo Bar. So, to Lori & Ken, their two sons, Mama Jane and their niece, it's great to have you with us on our lovely cruise!

I see everyone seems to be busy BEES working on toga ideas. It will be alot of fun and a great way to end the cruise. Brian, nice picture of Belushi! TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!

It does not seem possible, but I have the count at 12 days!!! Oh my, now time will fly too fast........how will I ever get everything packed?? My hubby says I pack way to much. But, I can't help it......I take everything!! I know I won't forget to pack our Togas!! My sister is doing a fine job on them.

Desiree & Matt, won't be long now.........Happy Wedding Week, enjoy!!

Don't everyone forget our meeting.......2:00 p.m. at the Apollo Bar, on deck 9 by the pool, on 4/4 after we set sail from Key West. BEE there or BEE square!!

Let's keep in touch this last week.......for now, Buona Notte from Ms Bee (Denise) and her hubby Bee (Darrel) :D :D

Hi Mrs. Bee

Fourteen of us oldies are going on the cruise on April 2 starting from Fort Lauderdale. We are so looking forward to it. Having read some of the remarks about the food makes me nervous but I guess we all have different tastes. It will sure be better than shovelling snow which I had to do this morning. We live in Toronto and Spring is here (Ha Ha).

Maybe we will meet you on board. We will probably be the noisiest group on board.

Cheers

jo Waites

Hello and welcome to Jo Waites and your group from Toronto, and it sounds like a lively group at that!!! It will be great to have you with us. As I stated earlier in our thread, we have traveled to Toronto many times. We really enjoy the city. I'm sure that Brian (Desert Canuk) will be glad to see that more Canadians have joined us, hey?? Don't forget to join us at our little meet-up on 4/4 at 2:00 p.m. at the Apollo Bar. We have a toast to make to our Bride Desiree and her Groom Matthew! Our thread of 4/3 Cruizin Meds. is the best I have seen in a long while! I have a feeling that this BIG SHIP will be rocking!!

Makins77, sorry but I do not know which pier we will be docking at in Cozumel. You could call Costa at 1-800-462-6782 and they might be able to tell you.

I have been bringing the suitcases upstairs.......but not put anything in them yet! I can't believe we now have the count at 10 days!! Today I got the cruise hair cut and did alot of cruise errands.........and Easter stuff too. Time flying and soon we will BEE buzzing down to sunny Florida.;) Happy Easter to everyone and for now, Ciao, Ms Bee (Denise);)

Hi everyone!

Kirk and Debbie here, we'll be traveling with Ms Bee and the rest of the hive. We've been on several cruises, but never with Costa and are anxious to explore a new ship! We're also looking forward to some warm tropical weather, it's been a long winter in Erie, PA this year. Looks like we've got quite a group of Cruise Critic Cruisers. Hope to meet all you guys at the get- together on the ship. See you next week!!!

Kirk and Deb

Hey Guys - It's finally here your Wedding week! Safe trip to Jacksonville and all the best for a fab day. We'll all toast you on 4/4!!

Ms. Bee (Denise) I too just got back from NC took the kids to OBX for the week! Picked a great week, just in time to miss our latest snow storm (another 5 inches in New Jersey). Well packing time has arrived can't believe next Sunday this time we'll be out in the big blue! Can't wait see you on 4/4 with the rest of the thread. Safe journey to all......Ciao

Hi 4/3 Meds!!!

Another member to welcome this Easter Sunday!! Welcome to hairclipper from Greenville, MI!! We know you have to be tired of the cold weather as we certainly are!! Join us for a nice toast if you can on 4/4 at 2:00p.m. We are looking forward to meeting all!!

Kim, I was wondering where you had been. You were down at the OBX (Outer Banks)!! We love the Banks!! We go every summer and rent a beach house in South Nags Head. We are going this year end of July!! I bet you are refreshed from the ocean tides!! Now for the excitement of boarding our lovely Mediterrania!! Can't wait.........

Glad to hear Deb & Kirk chime in on our thread. Deb is my sister and the designer of our TOGAS!! Kirk and Deb, our friend Carla from WV, and now another freind, Sally, has joined the BEE HIVE for our adventure on the high seas! Of course my hubby, Darrel and myself make our group to be 6 all together. We are all getting that "rollercoaster feeling" and before we know it, we will be at the dock in Lauderdale!!

Brian, you said you were leaving 3 days prior. So, you must be getting pretty close to closing those suitcases!!! Rememer the TOGA!

I will post again before we depart..............Happy Easter all!! Ciao, Ms Bee:)

What a pleasure to hear from other people who will be on our first-ever cruise. We are quite excited and I am glad to see that there will be other kiddos on board. We are a family of five: my husband and I, 18 and 16 year old sons, and 12 year old daughter. I see that there is a great weight room on board, basketball, tennis, and pools. I would love to hear from you experienced cruisers about how your older kids spend their time on the boat.

See you soon!!!

Hi Ms Bee and all my fellow 4/3 cruisers only 6 more days to go. I can't wait. Finally got the suitcases out of the attic and will pack tonight. The weather here in sunny south Florida has been beautiful, but nothing to match what we will experience next week. I know a lot of you are from up north and have been experiencing some very nasty weather so for you all the weather will be a very welcome change. I'm looking forward to meeting most of you on Monday at 2:00 in the apollo lounge. Till then everyone stay warm and I will see you on Sun. TOGA TOGA TOGA, CIAO all. Have a great trip to the boat. MO

Hello everyone

In less than 24 hours I am away from this cloudy wet weather and will be winging my way south east following the snowbird trail. By wednesday I will be soaking up some Florida sun and forgetting that there ever was a season called winter.

I will see many of you at the Apollo lounge during the "Bee hive" festivities.

I can already see in my minds eye the lounge chair I will be in. :cool: hmmm

Brian

pool_area.jpg

Hello All.........

Another big welcome to the cherokee cruisers who will be joining us for our sail down to the Western Caribbean!! As you can see, we have a great thread going here and it won't be long at all till we can meet on the decks of the Mediterannea!!

Brian, I knew you would be leaving soon. 24 hours to go, ehh?? Thanks for the beautiful shot of the pool..........safe travels to you and your family. See ya on the BIG SHIP!

Maikins77, hang in there, Tennessee is alot closer to Port Everglades then Pennsylvania is......and I'm sure alot warmer. See you REAL SOON.

Mo, great to hear from you again, thanks for the nice weather up-date from sunny Florida. We will be making our way down south real soon!!

Well, only 6 days till cruise time and 5 DAYS TILL DESIREE AND MATT TIE THE KNOTT!! I'm sure you all have it by now, but just in-case you forgot, our Cruizin 4/3 meet-up will be on Monday, 4/4 at 2:00 p.m. after we set sail from Key West. We will be at the Apollo Bar on deck #9 by the pool. To anyone who is leaving for the port early, have a safe and FUN trip! My last post will be Thursday as we will be heading out on Friday:) Hope to see you in the sunshine........Buona Notte from the BEE HIVE, Ms Bee;)

Archived