Galveston Harbor House Parking Question

TheHowards

Yes it is on premises. We have stayed at the Harbor House pre-cruise and left our vehicle many times with no problem. It is as secure as can be. Parking is no longer free. You now have to pay $20 for cruise parking.

If you book the Harbor House through Galveston.com, you pay 10.80 parking for each night you stay and free parking for duration of your cruise. If you book the hotel any other way such as Priceline or travelocity etc where Harbor House has to pay commission or reduce their rates to someone then you do have to pay for cruise parking. This info is per the manager of Harbor House, and is printed on my confirmation sheet. Our stay is 9/12/2010.

I am glad you have it on your confirmation. I just stay in the Harbor House the beginning of June and I booked on galveston.com and they charged $20 for parking but not the $10 for the night we stayed there.

Wow Nonna5, I am sorry to hear that. What did it say on your confirmation sheet? With mine being in writing they would have a tough time enforcing that, especially with the date, time and name of when I called to verify on 3/30/10. I really don't see how they can continue to do free parking because their lot is small and they have a lot of cruise passengers staying there. I'm OK, even if they tried to charge me as I have free parking at Lighthouse, but if I didn't have that option and they tried to charge, I would throw a fit.

The parking lot is small but appears enough for the hotel

and some more cruise customers. Never have really seen it full.

There should always be plenty of room for parking

unless something unusual.

And there is still a larger parking lot next to the hotel parking lot,

which they own also.

And they have parking lot garage at Galvez they can use also.

The Tremont uses the Galvez Garage when need be.

As far as the parking rates I don't know.

All three hotels - HH, Galvez and Tremont owned by same family.

Jeanno222 - I am sure it will be fine for you since you have it in writing. This is probably new since you booked. I did not book until 6/1 for my 6/3 cruise on the Ecstasy. I never know when I am going to be able to get away the day before until the last minute for my short trips. Just a bummer since they are charging to park. I use to justify going down the night before because I was able to get the hotel at a reasonable rate and then not have to pay parking at the pier. I am only a hour from Galveston so I guess I will have to rethink that in the future. Along with Carnival's now 200% for singles.

Archived