Zipline in Puntarenas, Costa Rica??

PrincessLucy

We will be on the Celebrity cruise to the Panama Canal and will be stopping in Puntarenas.

Any suggestions for which zipline is the closest and best in that area?

Also, which tour company you used and would you recommend them?

THANKS MUCH....

• 3 weeks later...

We researched this one on-line. They have a tour just for cruise ship passengers and a separate one for crew.

http://www.adventureparkcostarica.com/en/shore-excursions-costa-rica.html

I Googled: puntarenas costa rica zip line tours .............you will see on the first page links to posts by CC people about zip lines.

Lin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Princess,

We just recently returned from a cruise to Costa Rica. We actually ported in Limon and not Puntarenas, but I believe you can contact this tour group from anywhere in the country. Greenway Tours and if you can get Ollie as your tour guide, you will be very pleased. He was great and took very good care of us and had us back to the ship in plenty of time. They guarantee that.

Bill

Hi Princess,

We just recently returned from a cruise to Costa Rica. We actually ported in Limon and not Puntarenas, but I believe you can contact this tour group from anywhere in the country. Greenway Tours and if you can get Ollie as your tour guide, you will be very pleased. He was great and took very good care of us and had us back to the ship in plenty of time. They guarantee that.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info. We were going to book with Greenway but they don't allow going on both the Nature Tour and the Canopy Tour. I think they take you to TuruBaRi park, where they have both tours available. We decided to book directly with TuruBaRi since they will let us do both tours... and one of our group only wants to do the Nature tour. They told us he can wait for us while we do the Canopy tour and then we can all do the Nature tour together.

If that all doesn't sound right, please let me know. Thanks again... Merrill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info. We were going to book with Greenway but they don't allow going on both the Nature Tour and the Canopy Tour. I think they take you to TuruBaRi park, where they have both tours available. We decided to book directly with TuruBaRi since they will let us do both tours... and one of our group only wants to do the Nature tour. They told us he can wait for us while we do the Canopy tour and then we can all do the Nature tour together.

If that all doesn't sound right, please let me know. Thanks again... Merrill

Hi Merrill,

I really don't know what they will do. I would call them directly and see if they are willing to do both unless that is what you have already done. I know they do customize, but I guess that just depends on the timing. We just picked one of the listed tours online so that made it very easy. It had all of the elements that we wanted and more that we didn't expect.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Try Okey Dokey tours

I can second Okey Dokey ...We just got back today off the Carnival Freedom and booked our Costa Rican zipline excursion through them...It was FANTASTIC!! For $99 we got a "monkey encounter", fruit stand pit stop, Del Monte Banana plantation tour, River Canal cruise (really neat), and then a 13 platform zipline (OMG Awesome)!! If you book with them I would request Harrison as your tour guide! He was very knowledgeable and so much fun! Best of luck!!

http://nanada.com/tours/

Mention Cruise Critic for the pricing I quoted..That is with the Cruise Critic discount.

we used Turabari tours and went to their adventure park, it was great, you can read more about it in my blog, link below or their site at http://www.costa-rica-adventure-tour.com/ we booked a one day full tour, which included transportation, lunch and we took two adventures, which was great because some people didn't want to do the zip line so they did the nature trail which they loved.

we used Turabari tours and went to their adventure park, it was great, you can read more about it in my blog, link below or their site at http://www.costa-rica-adventure-tour.com/ we booked a one day full tour, which included transportation, lunch and we took two adventures, which was great because some people didn't want to do the zip line so they did the nature trail which they loved.

I am so glad you posted this, it is exactly what we decided to do and it is nice to have confirmation that it worked out great. We have 4 people but only 3 of us will do the zipline. We'll all do the nature tour together after the zipline.

Thanks again.

I am so glad you posted this, it is exactly what we decided to do and it is nice to have confirmation that it worked out great. We have 4 people but only 3 of us will do the zipline. We'll all do the nature tour together after the zipline.

Thanks again.

they were great, someone in our group had used them before and spoke highly of them and they did not let us down. The whole experience was great, the food was good, local but good. The beer was cheap to buy, they had lockers there too.

We liked it so much we are going to use them again next month

Archived