Dream Legal Action

I see a legal firm has picked up on the Dream issue -

http://www.holidayclaims.com/LatestNews/Thomson-Dream-Cruise.htm?p=1

This bitmademe smile:

"...Thomson has made an individual offer of compensation for a cruise taken in April. We would highly recommend that all holidaymakers receiving such offers from Thomson seek legal advice before acceptance."

In other words, don't settle with Thompson's directly otherwise we will not get a fee!

It's interesting that much of the article pinpoints the ship as having major problems in June, as most of the reviews from those who cruised in June have been far more positive than those who travelled in April and May.

They are just touting for business as obviously some form of compensation should be given. As to how much is reasonable that is down to each cruisers experience. Take P&O's offers of around £150 per day for a missed port due to technical issues and start there. Obviously less as they missed no ports etc etc.

They are just touting for business as obviously some form of compensation should be given. As to how much is reasonable that is down to each cruisers experience. Take P&O's offers of around £150 per day for a missed port due to technical issues and start there. Obviously less as they missed no ports etc etc.

I thought the same thing as they are probably on a "no win no fee" basis, which means they'll take a chunk of any compensation received. Unfortuntely it's things such as this that has led to the compensation culture and tends to trivialise genuine complaints, of which there are quite a few with the Dream.

My advice to anyone is to seek compensation direct with Thomson's and if you're not happy, take it up with the small claims courts. Keep the bloodsucking lawyers out of it!

I'm quite happy with my £200. I'm sure the people who went after us had a far worse time. At least we didn't have the smell.

Some people we met have kept in touch and they have been offered vouchers,which they have refused as they knew we had been offered money. They are dealing with it through their travel agent, but I emailed Thomson directly and think that is the best way.

Best not to get involved with compensation lawyers;)

Archived