Just back from Freedom, DH and DS loved Flowrider

We just got back from Freedom and we loved the Flowrider. How smart of RCI! Now, all of our cruises (when our son will be with us) will have to be on a Freedom or Oasis class ship. So, we booked Liberty for this Thanksgiving while onboard. If you have teenage kids, this is a great ship for them. There was plenty for them to do and they actually enjoyed it! I never heard anything like "I'm bored". I was wondering how it would be, the first time after our son became a teen, for him on a cruise ship (ie. no structured kids program), and it was great! Thanks RCI for coming up with ways to keep up cruising together as a family.

How great famcruisier! Our family will be on the FOS in March. Little bummed that my 7 year old boys will not be able to try it. I think you have to be 8. I bet they could do it though- they are very athletic. But we will have fun watching everyone else.

How great famcruisier! Our family will be on the FOS in March. Little bummed that my 7 year old boys will not be able to try it. I think you have to be 8. I bet they could do it though- they are very athletic. But we will have fun watching everyone else.

Twins - it may be a height requirement instead of age? I definitely remember seeing the height requirements. If your boys can't go on it this time, well, I guess it's a good excuse to rebook on the ship!! :)

It's a height requirement.

Per the RCCL Website:

Please note for safety reasons minimum height requirements are as follows:

Boogie Boarding - 52"

Stand Up Surfing - 58"

I'm 58 years old and love the flowrider (stand-up).

Lou

Its a height requirement not an age requirement. So as long as your 7 year old is 52" tall (mine wasn't ;) ) then he can boogie board as much as he wants.

The rock climbing wall is an age requirement -- 6.

I agree...watching is just as fun! I spent every moment, when my family and friends were on it, just watching. And, the stand up surfing contest the last day was great to watch. We'd seen the really good kids and dads surfing all week and loved seeing the competition. And, one of the women in our group tried the boogie boarding and did really well. Lots of cheering from the crowd. Women (and some men)...beware of losing all or part of your swimsuit when you fall.

We just got back from Freedom and we loved the Flowrider. How smart of RCI! Now, all of our cruises (when our son will be with us) will have to be on a Freedom or Oasis class ship. So, we booked Liberty for this Thanksgiving while onboard. If you have teenage kids, this is a great ship for them. There was plenty for them to do and they actually enjoyed it! I never heard anything like "I'm bored". I was wondering how it would be, the first time after our son became a teen, for him on a cruise ship (ie. no structured kids program), and it was great! Thanks RCI for coming up with ways to keep up cruising together as a family.

We just got off too, and my boys are the same way. They only want to go on ships with a flowrider. My son was the one who won the Best of the Best contest.

Congrats to your son. He (and your younger son and husband) were great to watch. I think they were inspiration for my son and husband to try it. Maybe, after a few more cruises, they'll be as good as your family! ;)

Archived