Oosterdam cabin question.

Travelbug 2

Can anyone tell me if the H/C cabins H4090 and H4089 on the upper promanade deck on the Oosterdam have floor to ceiling windows? I seem to remember reading that they do (to match veranda cabins "exterior look" on same deck). Also they are listed as fully obstructed but the deck plan indicates a clear space in front of the window for these cabins.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if the H/C cabins H4090 and H4089 on the upper promanade deck on the Oosterdam have floor to ceiling windows? I seem to remember reading that they do (to match veranda cabins "exterior look" on same deck). Also they are listed as fully obstructed but the deck plan indicates a clear space in front of the window for these cabins.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The obstruction we noted when also looking at a fully obstructed view room, is a full metal panel on the other side of the promenade deck opposite these windows. So you can see out to the deck but not to the ocean beyond, but you get plenty of light and you usually don't want a full view out to all the people walking on the promenade deck anyway for privacy considerations so most keep at least the window sheers closed. This type of room is a good alternative to the inside cabin for the lower costs because at least you get real daylight, but no actual ocean view. So it is best to compare them to an inside cabin rather than a view cabin.

The obstruction we noted when also looking at a fully obstructed view room, is a full metal panel on the other side of the promenade deck opposite these windows.
None of what you said applies to the Oosterdam. There are no cabins on the Lower Prom of the Vistas, and the obstructions outside the floor-to-ceiling windows are the lifeboats and the machinery to support them, etc. Some of them are looking squarely at the side of a tender (e.g. 4105, 4106, 4115, 4116).

OP: I'll try to find a picture of what might be in front of 4089 and 4091.

Here's the best shot I can find from my collection. 4089 would be dead center in this pic, right behind the davit. I think you might actually get a pretty good view from there, over the stern of the lifboat, or to the aft of it!

Click pic to enlarge

DSCN0585.jpg.0ec1b122f3f211b312556a6ca8a20e36.jpg

None of what you said applies to the Oosterdam. There are no cabins on the Lower Prom of the Vistas, and the obstructions outside the floor-to-ceiling windows are the lifeboats and the machinery to support them, etc. Some of them are looking squarely at the side of a tender (e.g. 4105, 4106, 4115, 4116).

OP: I'll try to find a picture of what might be in front of 4089 and 4091.

Thank you John for the intersting photo's. I think this cabin will be just fine and will suit our needs very well. Glad to hear I was right about the floor to ceiling windows and we can certainly live with the obstruction. We will not be spending an awful lot of time in the cabin other than sleeping and maybe an after lunch nap!

Cheers.

Archived