Two more questions, please?

1. Does anyone have any information on the daily planners (new to NCL - don't know what they're called!)? Is there a "cruise director" and "cruise staff" that organize activities every day? Can anyone post them for me, please?

2. Regarding wine, I've read that there is only a limited wine list in many of the restaurants. Is it possible to purchase a bottle of wine (or two!) somewhere during the day or the night before, and bring it to dinner that night? What happens if you don't finish the bottle (like that's gonna happen...) one evening? Do they cork it and send it back with you?

Thank you!

1. Does anyone have any information on the daily planners (new to NCL - don't know what they're called!)? Is there a "cruise director" and "cruise staff" that organize activities every day? Can anyone post them for me, please?

2. Regarding wine, I've read that there is only a limited wine list in many of the restaurants. Is it possible to purchase a bottle of wine (or two!) somewhere during the day or the night before, and bring it to dinner that night? What happens if you don't finish the bottle (like that's gonna happen...) one evening? Do they cork it and send it back with you?

Thank you!

I see you're travelling on the Epic, the Freestyle Daily's for the Caribbean runs will be out begining today on the ship. The TA dailies will not be the same. I'm on the b2b begining next Saturday, I plan on keeping all dailies and posting when I get back. That will be the begining of August at the earliest.

As for the wine you can purchase as much as you like. They put your name and cabin number on it and you can use it the next night/day. They will keep it cool for white wine. Sometimes we do not finish a bottle.

1. Does anyone have any information on the daily planners (new to NCL - don't know what they're called!)?

The maiden voyage is this week so no dailies yet, sorry.

Is there a "cruise director" and "cruise staff" that organize activities every day? Can anyone post them for me, please?

Yes there is a Cruise Director and staff.

You can buy a wine package when you board (cheaper then individual bottles). You can buy wine at the Wine bar then have it go to your table that night. The thrid option is buy before you crise through the Gift button.

Thank you!

Your welcome.

orangegrove, thank you for the reply - I look forward to seeing your "dailies" posted. Hope you have a great B2B cruise! Good to know about the wine, also. (Sure wish we could bring our own onboard, as DH has plenty lying around our house! ;))

CaptData, thank you for your post as well. DH doesn't usually like the wine packages, as he likes to choose his own individual bottles (he's spoiled!). We like the idea of purchasing at the Wine Bar though - thank you!! See you onboard!

I asked about packing liquor in my bag when booking through NCL directly. She told me liquor bottles a no-no (vodka, rum, tequila, etc) but feel free to pack as much wine as you like. They will chill it but also charge a small recorking fee (which I'm not sure of as I consider wine a waste of time, LOL)

.....when you're 29 with 2 kids and don't have many opportunities to drink, my motto is GO HARD OR GO HOME!! LOL. My poison...Grey Goose on the rocks in one hand with a Sugar Free Red Bull in the other hand. Double fisting is the only way to go for me, hahaha.

Still hoping for answers to my above questions...?

There are a ton of daily activities. You may or may not like some, lots or none of them.

Wine - as discussed almost daily here, you can buy a bottle of wine, and have them hold if for you, then retrieve it at a later time.

orangegrove, thank you for the reply - I look forward to seeing your "dailies" posted. Hope you have a great B2B cruise! Good to know about the wine, also. (Sure wish we could bring our own onboard, as DH has plenty lying around our house! ;))

CaptData, thank you for your post as well. DH doesn't usually like the wine packages, as he likes to choose his own individual bottles (he's spoiled!). We like the idea of purchasing at the Wine Bar though - thank you!! See you onboard!

You can bring your own wine and pay the corkage fee per bottle. I can't remember now how much that was. I'm sure someone can supply that info. :)

You can bring your own wine and pay the corkage fee per bottle. I can't remember now how much that was. I'm sure someone can supply that info. :)

$15 / bottle corkage fee, paid upon boarding....or upon consumption, if you don't have a sticker on your bottle.

NCL has a program for tagging unfinished bottles. We always order a couple of bottles of fave wine on 1st night, and have them tagged. That way we know they won't run out. You either bring in the physical tag, OR you can just tell them your cabin number, and where you dined last and they can retrieve the bottle from the central cellar.

$15 / bottle corkage fee, paid upon boarding....or upon consumption, if you don't have a sticker on your bottle.

Just want to be sure and understand this. The comment means - - - I pay a $15 corkage fee when I board the ship.

Is that correct?

If so, then what is the procedure if my wine is packed in the bags that I do not have with me upon boarding -- that is the bags that are delivered to the room later?

Archived