Review of Fantasy 02/03/05

Keico

Oops sorry about that!

Things I loved

1. The bed was extremely comfortable

2. Room service was very fast (less then five minutes)

3. Pizza, sandwhiches and dining room food was good

4. The movies in our stateroom were good

Things I hated:

1. The weather, it was cold and rainy when we left, when we were at sea, when we got to the Bahamas and when we came back. When I checked the weather for Nassua it said it would be 77 degrees with scattered showers so I was thinking tropical showers. You know the kind that last about ten minutes then it's alll sunshiny again? Well when we got there, it was more like 65 degrees and the wind was blowing extremely hard which made it feel colder. I did not expect cold weather and only brought along one pair of jeans and a sweatshirt which I wore the entire three days. I was actually wishing for gloves. Not Carnival's fault I know.

2. The ship itself was extremely cold as was our room. Our cabin steward kept turning on the a/c in our room even though we repeatedly asked him not to.

3. We paid for an excursion to a little island where we could just relax and swim on the beach. When we left it was raining but Carnival did not cancel the excursion. Well when we got there, the beach was closed and there were no swimming signs posted everywhere because the current was too strong. Then it started to downpour and we waited under a pavillion for an hour for the next boat to pick us up to make matters worse, Carnival would not refund our money for the excursion

4.I realize how exspensive the spa would be. I saw a spa menu posted on a this board of all the services carnival offered along with prices. The one I saw said a 80 minute couples massage was $110 dollars, well imagine my surprise when we go to the spa and itw $262 instead. The cheapest massage was $110 for one person for 35 minutes. I don't know if they just raise prices for shorter cruises to make more money or what, but man I really thought the prices were ridiculous.

5. The people taking the pictures were really annoying. Even when we politely declined, they just kept insisting. They wouldn't even let us off the ship in the Bahamas until they snapped our picture.

6. We did not get one single towel animal. I thought maybe they stopped doing it but I asked around and it seems that everyone except us got a towel animal.

7. The staff was not very friendly they were constantly scowling/frowning. It wasn't service with a smile, it was just service.

8. We had really rough seas. It was so bad that DH fell out of the bed the third night and we could actually hear the waves crashing against the boat. I took Bonine, but it did not work the first night. Again, not Carnival's fault it was just part of my overall experience.

All in all it was fun and relaxing but from everything I heard, I was expecting more.

I forgot to add that the entertainment was bad. The comedian we saw was not very funny (we didn't laugh once) and the Las Vegas style show looked like something my high school dance team could have done.

We will be on the 19 February sailing of the Fantasy. We have a large group with many first time cruisers. I was a little apprehensive about this cruise to begin with (Cheapest we could find), and now I'm worried.

The service and the food were how we convinced people to try cruising. If both of these are lacking, we could hear about it for quite some time to come. Look out!

I am sorry to hear about your problems; however, when we cruise the Fantasy last year it was GREAT! Food and service was excellent. Entertainment was OK.. one of the comedians was funny.. the other one was NOT.. normal cruise for us.

We are going to book in March for the Fantasy...

We will give a review then...

Have fun on your upcomming cruise!

Archived