Dress Code For Cirque Dreams?

Doeymeister

I was seated at the top floor of the theater & yes, the 1/2 wall along the table is glass & yes, ladies, keep that in mind if wearing a dress/skirt!

Found the small wooden unpadded "cafe style" chairs to be a bit uncomfortable for the 2 hr show. After awhile, didn't matter much what I was wearing, just wished for extra padding!!

I went to see "O" at the Bellagio last week and was amazed at the number of people wearing sloppy t-shirts and shorts in there. There were also people dressed in work attire, regular street clothes, casual dresses and evening wear. I consider "O" to be the best Cirque show of the limited ones I have seen (I have seen 5 Cirque du soleil shows), and the Bellagio is a somewhat formal 5 star hotel. Nevertheless, there were folks in their shorts and flipflops in the show. bottom line: if you are willing to pay 150.00 per ticket for their front orchestra, they probably are not going to care what you wear!

I don't understand why what someone else wears to a meal effects anyone else? I don't mind dressing up but could care less what anyone else chooses to wear - my meal will still taste the same. Enlighten me.

Ambiance.

Ambiance.

I went to Cirque Dreams on the Epic--we had the later seating. There were around 14 of us--everyone in our group were resort casual. Anyone else in the room that I happened to notice were resort casual.

I was seated at the top floor of the theater & yes, the 1/2 wall along the table is glass & yes, ladies, keep that in mind if wearing a dress/skirt!

Found the small wooden unpadded "cafe style" chairs to be a bit uncomfortable for the 2 hr show. After awhile, didn't matter much what I was wearing, just wished for extra padding!!

So, tell me your thoughts of the show itself...is it really great, worth the hassle (have heard:long line, no assigned seating, can't leave for 2hrs, uncomfortable seating ) - or should I just suck it up, hold my water & bring a pillow? LOL

So, tell me your thoughts of the show itself...is it really great, worth the hassle (have heard:long line, no assigned seating, can't leave for 2hrs, uncomfortable seating ) - or should I just suck it up, hold my water & bring a pillow? LOL

Best show on the ship. Does that help? First 10 minutes are a little frentic....but as I recall, the costumes took a team of 12 people over 7 months to complete.....

Then there's the pirate, the cupid, the bathtub boy........ *sigh*......

They were dressed..... umm...... less than formal, shall we say.

2 young ladies sitting next to me just about fell over the balcony trying to reach the "bathtub boy".

Besides the uncomfortable seating it was well worth seeing & I'm even looking forward to seeing it again in Oct. This time, I'll bring a sweater to sit on!!

Archived