Formal Night on the 5 night Grandeur

I've got the Compasses, just got home a week or so ago and have been crazy busy!! I will try to get them scanned this weekend. Formal night was the second night, after we left Key West.

Lori

Thanks Lori, greatly appreciated!!!! :D

Just did that cruise. Be weary of the pool bar bartenders, although I'm sure they switch around all the time. They were cutting mad people off who were sober on this trip.

I am hearing a lot of chatter recently about the Grandeur bartenders cutting people off who are sober. I am sailing on her in 7 days and I am getting concerned.... Did you see this happen and what was the reason given??

"I am hearing a lot of chatter recently about the Grandeur bartenders cutting people off who are sober. I am sailing on her in 7 days and I am getting concerned.... Did you see this happen and what was the reason given?? "

Yes, I saw it happen. It happened to me! I had had 2 glasses of wine at dinner and was very full. Not buzzed at all. The guy said I "rocked" as I walked to the bar. I was on a freakin' ship! The next night I was at the pool party and had 3 red stripes, the guy told me he couldn't serve me anymore. *****. I understand why they have to do this, but if someone isn't throwing up, falling all over themselves, or being belligearant I don't see a problem.

I went to complain about this the next day at the purser's office and there was another guy there comaplining about the same thing! He said they cut his wife off and "flagged" her account after ONE drink.

I get that there are liability issues if someone does something stupid, but they really need to just do this in extreme cases.

So after he wouldn't serve you, were you able to go to a different bar and get served?

I was, because they didn't flag me. But they were flagging other people, making it so whichever bar they went to they could not get a drink.

And yes, this is crazy~! But be careful complaining about this on this site if u don't want to be attacked by do-gooders who "applaud the bartender" or "don't need to have alcohol for a good time". I was attacked before by a few parties, I defended myself, and thye wound up deleting my whole thread about it and ban me from posting for a week.

Imagine someone wanting to drink on their own vacation! :eek:

I've got the Compasses, just got home a week or so ago and have been crazy busy!! I will try to get them scanned this weekend. Formal night was the second night, after we left Key West.

Lori

I would also love a copy of the 5 night compass if possible...

compass (at) tampabay (dot) rr (dot) com

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Lori

Hey there Lori just wondering if I would be able to get a copy of those compass?

Thanks!

Archived