Rum Runners

I walked through the Oasis' top of the line security on inaugural day with a 1.5L bottle of water under my arm and wasn't even glanced at... after walking thru I realized it could have been nicely filled with Grey Goose... :(

Are you saying rum runners work for wine too?

Only with extremely expensive wines.

It isn't about the money, you know, it is about being able to drink only the finest that aren't offered onboard most ships.;) No one would bother to smuggle cheap wine just to save a buck.:p

I think I'd rather just forego all this nonsense and enjoy my cruise.

yogimax........I know from your past remarks that you are totally against all of this..........and my question to you........is "why"?

If people want to try to do something that is not legal, I don't think that it's up to you or me to condone or condemn them.

Your thoughts on so many issues are insightful, and I always enjoy reading your posts.........as I continue to learn more about cruising.

Please don't take this as wrong.......but do you really care if someone else tries to get a bottle aboard??

Just curious??

Rick

Just off today from my first cruise and was successful with 3 RR and several small travel size bottles. I carried one in on my body- which to me is sure fire way but there are only so many places to hide one on a girls body- unless I buy the Winerack-lol! The other 2 RR were hidden in the toiletries bag and another in a flipper. Funny thing is only one RR was used and we ended up spending $350 in the bars. I don't feel the least bit guilty. RC still made a pretty penny off of me. Our cruise with taxes was about $730 but our final total for a 3 night cruise with booze, shopping, excursions was $1400! They got theirs! Everyone who apparently breathes finer air than I up on their pedestal needs to relax and not worry so much about what everyone else does!:p

Please don't take this as wrong.......but do you really care if someone else tries to get a bottle aboard??

Just curious??

Rick

I can't speak for Yogi, but I would say that it does bother me somewhat that many people have this general attitude of doing whatever they please, regardless of what the "rules" are. Does it directly affect me, if someone sneaks a bottle of booze onto a cruise ship. Usually not, unless they are some of the ones who get obnoxiously drunk and disruptive. But it's just one small example of the overall lack of respect that many people have.

Personally, I think it's disruptive and inappropriate that Cruise Critic allows discussions of how to skirt the cruise lines' rules, but since I don't run Cruise Critic, I just have to play by their rules. ;)

I can't speak for Yogi, but I would say that it does bother me somewhat that many people have this general attitude of doing whatever they please, regardless of what the "rules" are. Does it directly affect me, if someone sneaks a bottle of booze onto a cruise ship. Usually not, unless they are some of the ones who get obnoxiously drunk and disruptive. But it's just one small example of the overall lack of respect that many people have.

Personally, I think it's disruptive and inappropriate that Cruise Critic allows discussions of how to skirt the cruise lines' rules, but since I don't run Cruise Critic, I just have to play by their rules. ;)

Wow, you must be one stressed person to be bothered by something as little as this. How do you deal with world issues??:rolleyes:

Wow, you must be one stressed person to be bothered by something as little as this. How do you deal with world issues??:rolleyes:

LOL. It's amazing what some people will assume about you, based on posts here. Stressed? No. But yes, at times it does bother me to the lack of respect that some people have. If you don't care that many people have lost any sense of respect for others, good for you. :rolleyes:

I can't speak for Yogi, but I would say that it does bother me somewhat that many people have this general attitude of doing whatever they please, regardless of what the "rules" are.. ;)

Rules, I was told are guidelines for the wise and blind observance of fools.

There are rules that are meant to protect, others to discriminate and some just to down right annoy us. Rules sometimes provide a shelter for cowards to sit under and do nothing. Paul, do you always follow the rules, forget cruise world for a minute? If you say yes, I am changing my name from Pauline and won't ask you to be my friend on facebook:D;)

LOL. It's amazing what some people will assume about you, based on posts here. Stressed? No. But yes, at times it does bother me to the lack of respect that some people have. If you don't care that many people have lost any sense of respect for others, good for you. :rolleyes:

Taking a RR does not qualify in me having respect for others in my opinion. There are far more important things I would let bother me. And even smaller issues like manners (please and thank you's) this is far more important than taking a RR, so its way down in the scale of things that would bother me, its nothing to do with respect of others.

If I were to play loud music or cause trouble for the staff, then thats not having respect for people.

Rules, I was told are guidelines for the wise and blind observance of fools.

There are rules that are meant to protect, others to discriminate and some just to down right annoy us. Rules sometimes provide a shelter for cowards to sit under and do nothing. Paul, do you always follow the rules, forget cruise world for a minute? If you say yes, I am changing my name from Pauline and won't ask you to be my friend on facebook:D;)

There are many trite and pithy saying coined by disrespectful people. Do you always follow them? ;)

Taking a RR does not qualify in me having respect for others in my opinion. There are far more important things I would let bother me. And even smaller issues like manners (please and thank you's) this is far more important than taking a RR, so its way down in the scale of things that would bother me, its nothing to do with respect of others.

If I were to play loud music or cause trouble for the staff, then thats not having respect for people.

I agree that taking a RR does not qualify you as having respect. But before you continue to focus too much on rumrunners, look back at what I actually said bothered me.

There are many trite and pithy saying coined by disrespectful people. Do you always follow them? ;)

I follow nothing or no one blindly. I have broken rules, granted none that has landed me in jail, yet. Would I risk it, well it depends what is at stake. Not only will I break rules but as a God fearing woman I will break a commandments if an adult knowing and willfully hurt my child. So Paul, do you follow all rules? Can you see yourself beside in jail under certain circumtance. I could be a fun jailmate but since you are Paul and I am Pauline that would be against the rules:D:)

I agree that taking a RR does not qualify you as having respect. But before you continue to focus too much on rumrunners, look back at what I actually said bothered me.

QUOTE;

can't speak for Yogi, but I would say that it does bother me somewhat that many people have this general attitude of doing whatever they please, regardless of what the "rules" are. Does it directly affect me, if someone sneaks a bottle of booze onto a cruise ship. Usually not, unless they are some of the ones who get obnoxiously drunk and disruptive. But it's just one small example of the overall lack of respect that many people have.

----------------------

This says to me that people have lack of respect for people if they smuggle booze.

If you really care about my opinion, rather than trying to do some sort of "gotcha!," I will say that I do not blindly follow all rules. There are times, in fact, where various sets of rules may conflict, and one has to make a judgement of which is more important. However, there are also many rules where there is no need to make such a judgement and mere respect is required. If a business I would like to deal with asks me to follow a rule, and there is no moral conflict with following that rule, I'll follow it. That's pretty much how I feel about a rule like bringing alcohol on a cruise ship. That's their rule, and I have no moral conflict with that rule, so I'll comply out of respect. They are not intrusively forcing anything upon me. I don't have to go for a cruise on their ship.

QUOTE;

can't speak for Yogi, but I would say that it does bother me somewhat that many people have this general attitude of doing whatever they please, regardless of what the "rules" are. Does it directly affect me, if someone sneaks a bottle of booze onto a cruise ship. Usually not, unless they are some of the ones who get obnoxiously drunk and disruptive. But it's just one small example of the overall lack of respect that many people have.

----------------------

This says to me that people have lack of respect for people if they smuggle booze.

Wow. You're amazingly inept at interpreting the meaning of words, if the part you highlighted is your interpretation of what I claim "bothers" me. Try going for the part that immediately follows the words "it does bother me somewhat that...."

Wow. You're amazingly inept at interpreting the meaning of words, if the part you highlighted is your interpretation of what I claim "bothers" me. Try going for the part that immediately follows the words "it does bother me somewhat that...."

And you are amazingly good at back tracking and winding people up. ;)

And you are amazingly good at back tracking and winding people up. ;)

I'm not back-tracking. I said what I said. Many people these days show a general disregard for others and are only interested in what benefits them. I said, quite clearly, I thought, that someone bringing their own booze on a cruise would generally not affect me at all, but it is a small symptom of that overall attitude problem that some people have.

That's not a word-for-word repeat of what I said at first, but the other post is still there, if you want to compare the intent. So, I pretty much admitted in the beginning that the act itself of smuggling booze onto a ship does not really bother me, but I do see it as a small indication of a bigger problem. Do you get it now?

I'm not back-tracking. I said what I said. Many people these days show a general disregard for others and are only interested in what benefits them. I said, quite clearly, I thought, that someone bringing their own booze on a cruise would generally not affect me at all, but it is a small symptom of that overall attitude problem that some people have.

That's not a word-for-word repeat of what I said at first, but the other post is still there, if you want to compare the intent. So, I pretty much admitted in the beginning that the act itself of smuggling booze onto a ship does not really bother me, but I do see it as a small indication of a bigger problem. Do you get it now?

I think you might see this as you are writing this, but its not clear and as its in a thread all about RR then .........................:rolleyes:

I will say that I do not blindly follow all rules. There are times, in fact, where various sets of rules may conflict, and one has to make a judgement of which is more important.

Once a rule is in place and you make a judgement, like it or not you become one of US and no longer one of THEM who respect rules. Someone might be simply making a judgement that taking booze is important to them, so why judge or bother be bothered. The only place people are always perfect and upstanding is on a cruise forum while hidden behind a computer screen. You did say you were bothered...didn't you? Please forgive me if I misread or misunderstood the exactly what was bothering you.

Archived