Oasis Shore Excursion Onboard Purchase Strategy?

Just booked Oasis for August 14th (next month) at a great rate thanks to the RCI One Day Sale..... First RCI Cruise!

Anyways, (and I knew this might happen), the number one shore excursion we want to buy: Atlantis Aquaventure appears booked. I was told earlier (by RCI customer service) that RCI always has spaces available for every shore excursion for guests to purchase onboard the ship.

My question is what is the best strategy for getting one of these onboard slots to Atlantis? Is the ShorEx desk open when you board the ship? I hear you can book ShorEx from your cabin on the TV BUT we can't get into cabins until 1pm-ish - is there a way to reserve this excursion PRIOR To getting into our Cabin yet onboard the ship?

I realize you can also do Atlantis through the Comfort Suites option but for just two of us that is more expensive than buying the ship tour at $149. I also noticed that the Dolphin Tour with Aquaventure is available, but I don't think there's really enough time to do both (short day in Nassau..)

Thanks!!

Go immediately to the Shore excursions desk and check the time they open. The interactive TV may not be operating when you first get on. I had to do this on the Indy. Go about 20 minutes before they open and get in / start the line. Up until the time you go to get in line, check your TV to see if the excursions are up.

If the excursion is fully booked, put yourself on a waitlist. If someone cancels you can get in the tour. Also, if there are enough people waitlisted they can create another tour.

Archived