Bordeaux Wine Private Driver Guide...Any recommendations?

surfside66

Hello Board!

My partner Hiro and I will be on the RSSC Voyager for the August 31st Dover-Monte Carlo cruise, and would like to ask some advice.

We'd very much like to maximize our only full day in the Bordeaux Wine Region on Sat. Sept. 3rd. by hiring a driver guide who knows the "in's and out's" of the best houses. Essentially, I'd like us to be picked up at the ship in the morning, visit as many chateaus as feasable, as well as have a really good lunch...then be dropped off at the ship before she sails at 6:00pm.

We normally enjoy the ship's excursions and the company of fellow cruisers, but on this occasion I'd really like to focus solely on wine orientated points of interest.

Anyone out there ever done a similar private tour in Bordeaux? Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Eric

• 6 years later...

I recommend BordeauxWalkingTours.com

Patricia has some standard walking tours she does and will customize a tour to your needs as well. She could do a wine tour i am sure. She has an amazing knowledge base in wine of the history of Bordeaux and France

Bordeauxwalkingtours.com

LOL, Eric and Hiro were on our sailing in 2005. And we were there for a day and a half, and I think they did some kind of private tour as I remember. How funny this came up again this many years later.

We remember them and spent some late evenings in the Voyager lounge with them.

Archived