UBD in a regular balcony cabin on Crown?

Carol_Hill

We have booked a balcony guarantee cabin on the Crown. Have no cabin assigned yet. Assuming that we stay in a regular balcony cabin and don't get placed on Caribe, is it going to be too, too crowded to do the UBD on our balcony? It seems like it would be pretty tight. I guess that all regular balcony cabins are exactly the same and have the dining height table and two chairs?

We have booked a balcony guarantee cabin on the Crown. Have no cabin assigned yet. Assuming that we stay in a regular balcony cabin and don't get placed on Caribe, is it going to be too, too crowded to do the UBD on our balcony? It seems like it would be pretty tight. I guess that all regular balcony cabins are exactly the same and have the dining height table and two chairs?

The table on our Aloha deck cabin last year, was not dining height - much lower and way too small to have anything other than drinks and snacks on it. I'm guessing they are the same on the Crown.

Toto and friday--thanks for the replies. OK, I had seen a few pictures, and they were dining height tables, but looked again and saw some that were not.. I would much prefer to have the dining height table the whole time. Can you request that at the beginning, if you don't have a dining height table?? Or would they bring it for the UBD and then take it away?

Carol, You can try to request it for the cruise, but not sure if they would do that or not (my guess is they won't). When they bring it in for the UBD, they normally remove it afterwards, from what I have read and been told by others. Good Luck on this one.

Thanks. I am going to try for the Chef's table and if we get that, I probably will not do the UBD if we have a regular cabin. I might just as soon do dinner in the steakhouse, as it would be cheaper, even with a bottle of wine..

last week on the CB & last year on the CB.. They bring everything to you..including any extras (we asked for fettucinni, cheesecake for my dessert, and also orange juice.)

Two waiters (one was ass't) for 2 hours. Photographer comes to your cabin (you get one 8x10 of your choice the next day). Make sure waiter takes some pics for you...

Seafood appetizers, waldorf salad, bread, water, two cocktails (one each)of your choice, surf and turf...petit fours....mouse 4 different chocolates topped by a white chocolate small edible dish filled with rasberries and blackberries...Since I do not eat seafood...they gave me two filet mignons...without me asking...

Ends with coffee pot and tea pot full....poured cups and plenty left for extra servings

.for you to relax and enjoy..

They removed the table and extras the next day..The flowers are yours to enjoy but cannot be taken off the ship...

loved it!

Bernadette

DSCN4598.jpg.48c877839a24d3cf9a2b39037ddd8bd2.jpg

We did the UBD on the Crown. It was fabulous! It was actually too windy that day to do it on the balcony, so they set up the table in our cabin. At first I was disappointed, but it turned out to be such a great experience that I would do it again inside or outside without hesitation. They do bring a special dinner height table and it's set beautifully with flickering (fake) lanterns, white table cloth and flowers. You won't regret it.

we are sailing this Sunday on Emerald (wedding cruise!) and I wonder how much is the 'nominal charge' as on the Princess website http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/emerald_PV001.html

Will highly appreciate your advice.

If you are asking about the Ultimate Balcony Dining 'nominal charge', that is $100 per couple (plus tip if you desire). The International Cafe, most items are complimentary. Vines has items (including wine) that there is a charge for also, the price varies.

Specialty restaurants are $20-$25 depending on which one you choose, those are per person.

Toto2Kansas, thanks a lot! I was indeed asking about UBD since did not see it anywhere else. And another question - how do we book UBD? I assume once on board since it is not on cruise personalizer...

Thanks,

Olga

thru room service extension on your cabin phone- not the dining reservation line extension button.

Last year- we had an in person consultation regarding the entire meal. This year- a lot of menu details were settled over the phone at time of booking....

We were also asked our preferred cocktail to be served that evening & we were not expecting the question. We were then asked to let them know 24 hours in advance. We forgot...and did it 12 hours before & no problem!

Bernadette

Carol, Yes, you would have room for the UBD. No worry if the table isn't high enough, they will bring one to your balcony for the dinner. ;)

Thanks for the info. I was just getting ready to ask the same question. We have a mini booked for the Ruby next year and plan on doing the UBD.....:):):)

Bob

Archived