Advice on ruins

borz

Wife and I are going on our first cruise ever, Carnival Triumph stopping at Progresso and Cozumel. We want to do one of the ruins in Progresso. Does anyone have a link that has a summary of each of the ruins, including drive times? Or some of you experienced cruisers probably just know from experience. The drive time is most important, as we want to see the ruins, but still have time to relax on the beach.

Thx.

There are many posts here answering some of your questions. If the beach time is all important, your ruins choices are limited to the modest Dz ruins, about 15 miles from Progreso. Check posts about using Autoprogreso for your tour. Uxmal is the more impressive, prettier and way less crowded than Chichen Itza, but allows no time for the beach since it's a 90 minute ride each way.

Checkout http://www.yucatantoday.com for more information about the various ruins in the Yucatan state.

Since I've been to Chichen Itza once and Uxmal twice, I'll be heading to Merida for the day where I've vacationed for three two week trips.

Progreso is a great stop with many options.

hd: Got back yesterday from another great week in Merida and the Yucatan. Very,very hot with a bit of rain everyday. Ended up going over to Playa Del Carmen for a couple of days with a group of mad Germans that I met at the Luz, just to get out of the heat. Michael

Michael. Well, it's been 93, 94 every day here in beautiful NC for the past week. Think I'ld rather be sitting in the plaza in front of the Gran Hotel, sipping Montejo beers.

hd

You know it. It was 93 in New Orleans when I got off the plane yesterday. Can't wait for my next visit.

Michael. Well, it's been 93, 94 every day here in beautiful NC for the past week. Think I'ld rather be sitting in the plaza in front of the Gran Hotel, sipping Montejo beers.

hd

Borz, There is a small ruin near Reef Yucatan Resort called Xcambo. It is nothing like Dziblchaltun but the tour is included with the Resort tour from Autoprogreso. You could visit the ruins and have your run of the resort. They have a huge gorgeous pool and miles of beach.

Hey H,

Is your trip for August still on and are you doing ok since the stroke? If you make it to Merida, drink one for me.

Archived