LaQuinta Inn & Suites in FLL

serene sea

I read very favorable reviews on Trip Advisor regarding this LaQuinta, so we're staying there in a couple weeks for pre-cruise. (Besides it was the only decent hotel available at not too high a price. If you find it for under $100, let me know.)

As for the rooms, they are standard hotel rooms - but I don't know about the "suite" rooms.

We stayed there in July 2004 and really enjoyed it. Nice location with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Free shuttle from airport and to the port in the AM. Also, a great breakfast in the morning.

We took a cab to Hollywood Boardwalk which was a nice way to spent the evening.

We would definitely stay there again.

We got the hotel for $49 on Hotwire but I'm not sure if it is still available there or not.

2* (but better than that!) for Hollywood Airport

Amenities: Shuttle, Pool, Fitness, Compl. Breakfast

I heard this may not be available on Hotwire anymore since some cruiseline is using it as a precruise hotel. I didn't see it listed for some dates I just typed in.

I also didn't see it listed on the Priceline list.

Good luck though - it is a nice place to stay. We stayed at the Embassy Suites before too and really like it but that price has also gone up since a cruiseline (I heard Princess) is using it for a precruise hotel.

2* (but better than that!) for Hollywood Airport

Amenities: Shuttle, Pool, Fitness, Compl. Breakfast

I heard this may not be available on Hotwire anymore since some cruiseline is using it as a precruise hotel. I didn't see it listed for some dates I just typed in.

I also didn't see it listed on the Priceline list.

What Priceline list are you referring to? I noticed this hotel is listed on the Biddingfortravel website (2*airport) but not on the Betterbidding site. I would like to win the Springhill Suites but unsure which site is correct.........do you know??

Hmmmm........I was looking at the Betterbidding site so I don't know what to tell you. Did you ask on the sites and see if anyone there knows?

We stayed at the LaQuinta the end of July last year so it was still on Hotwire last summer. I don't know anything about Springhill Suites so I can't help you with that one. Good luck!

North 26th - Hollywood, FL is the address. Not far from the airport and since there was a free shuttle to the port that wasn't a problem either.

I'll be anxious to see what you find out about whether or not it is still available on Hotwire or Priceline.

In September, 2004, I was able to book the La Quinta through Priceline for our precruise stay this coming April. I know it is listed as 2*, but AAA rates it as 3*

We got it for $41. plus $11.08 taxes & services.

If you do a search within this part of the forum, I know you will find more info on this hotel.

Good luck

A

I'll be anxious to see what you find out about whether or not it is still available on Hotwire or Priceline.

Kylie, wanted to update you....basically did not get an accurate response. I seem to be more confused than ever as certain areas on some boards are conflicting. Here is the link....curious to see what you think.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act=ST&f=79&t=10129&

Good question. We just booked the Hyatt Regency in Miami using Priceline and I called and requested double beds (for 4 adults) but don't know if we will get them. We had 4 in a room at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale with no problem. I don't know what to say about 5 of you in 1 room or what you will get when you try to bid using Priceline - the betterbidding answers made me more confused. Our Hyatt reservation was our first time using Priceline so I'm not an expert. I probably paid more than I needed too ($65 for May 28) but since it is Memorial weekend I've read many people were having trouble finding rooms. I rebid for awhile and then just paid what they recommended.

I like Hotwire since I can usually figure out which hotel we will get even if we pay a little more.

Let me know what you decide and finally get...........

Let me know what you decide and finally get...........

I decided not to make that much of my need to get a suite hotel for double beds. I did a lot more research on Priceline and tried it this morning. Very happy that I won the Renaissance on 17th Street (downtown location) Property was built in 2001 and lots of good reviews. I will plea (lol) for the two double beds. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived