Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Unfortunately we missed the opportunity to purchase the premium beverage package at "low" price.

The premium is now up to $54/day. For a 11-night cruise for two the difference is greater than $100, any chance celebrity would issue an OBC for the difference if I contacted them?

Sounds like the premium package is the way to go for us but the $1300+ price tag (including gratuity) is a sticking point...

Thanks for any input!! :)

I bought one premium non alcohol and one premium alcohol package and I think on future cruises that I will just buy two premium non alcohol packages and pay as I consume alcohol. I did drink wine with dinner every night but that's because I wanted to make sure I did get some alcohol for what I paid. Since our cruise was so port intensive the first few days, there was not much drinking. We had a sea day and then another few ports, so again not much drinking. I also found the bartenders to be rude or very brusque, as well as the cocktail servers. I only found one server that was very good, and we tipped him well. I had planned to hit the martini bar and didn't. My husband's alcohol didn't amount to much at all so that's the way we'll go for future.

Margaret

Which package would feature non alcoholic tropical drinks or bloody marys. I do not want alcohol and would like to book some package.

One that has coffees, waters, juices and non alcoholic frozen drinks

My hubby got the premium non-alcoholic package and had lattes and smoothies.

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package - In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water. *Starting from: 14.00 USD Per Night

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package - Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water. *Starting from: 18.00 USD Per Night

Margaret

If any one knows how to attach an Excel spread sheet to this thread, I have a very simple Drink Package Evaluator Spreadsheet that anyone can use.

Only need to input a couple of figures and it does the work for you!

Some one show me how and it will be posted for all to use!

X Silhouette Nov. 18th

Steve :confused:

atog254

How does the cruise lines keep people from sharing the package? Seems like it would be very easy to walk from bar to bar and share the drinks.

I think the whole process is somewhat similar to how stores monitor shoplifters and petty thieves. No system is fool proof but they do enforce the rules as a deterrent to others.

First off I think they give everybody the benefit of the doubt. The system is based on trust and honesty and works under the presumption that the cruise passengers are not petty thieves who would stoop so low as to steal drinks. Hopefully all of you reading this are giving this a respectful nod and no one is rubbing their hands together and cackling a sinister giggle at the opportunity for cheating the cruise line.

Second, they monitor usage since each time you purchase a drink by scanning your card into their system. Through this they look for unusual usage patterns and this is used for a pointer for step three.

Third, they have a security team on board who watches for this based on casual observations and also observations based on reports/alerts of unusual usage.

If you get caught you are thrown off the ship. Pretty severe punishment to risk to save a few dollars on drinks.

Hi everyone,

I've read up to the first 27 pages of this thread and have a clear understanding now of the various types of packages etc.. The wife and I have booked the Eclipse for the 14th Oct' for the 16 night cruise. I have purchased the Classic Alcohol package and the wife has the premium non alcoholic as she will only have one or to alcoholic drinks per day where as I will probably go a little wild. Well until I get a stinking hangover, an ear bashing from the wife and then I'll be sensible. I am tempted to upgrade to the premium package but will wait until we have left Southampton.

So just a quick question about the beers really. Are there any on tap or are they all bottles/cans?? On the Independence they had Heineken and Amstel Lite on tap from what I remember. I do prefer a pint of lager to be honest but if so would it cost more than $5??

I'm not sure if this has already been questioned as after a couple of hours trawling through post after post I've become a little impatient :-)

I hope someone who has been on the Eclipse has the answer.

Thanks,

Jamie

Edited by streetspirit

Last year a pint (or so) of draught was $7 +sv. Did not have any this year as we both had the premium non alco package, we managed at least 103 drinks in 14 days, it was really good value IMO.

I took some photos of some drinks prices, I will look at them and report back!

Richard

Hi.

If we buy a premium package and board at 1pm for a 5 pm sailing does the package take effect at 1 or 5.

If i order a Jim Bean and coke is it a standard measure of each or can you ask the server for more or less

Hi everyone,

I've read up to the first 27 pages of this thread and have a clear understanding now of the various types of packages etc.. The wife and I have booked the Eclipse for the 14th Oct' for the 16 night cruise. I have purchased the Classic Alcohol package and the wife has the premium non alcoholic as she will only have one or to alcoholic drinks per day where as I will probably go a little wild. Well until I get a stinking hangover, an ear bashing from the wife and then I'll be sensible. I am tempted to upgrade to the premium package but will wait until we have left Southampton.

So just a quick question about the beers really. Are there any on tap or are they all bottles/cans?? On the Independence they had Heineken and Amstel Lite on tap from what I remember. I do prefer a pint of lager to be honest but if so would it cost more than $5??

I'm not sure if this has already been questioned as after a couple of hours trawling through post after post I've become a little impatient :-)

I hope someone who has been on the Eclipse has the answer.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi,

With the Classic package you would only have the choice of beers up to $5.75 (the inclusive of 15% price which applies to Eclipse sailings out of southampton). This would include Bud, Coors, Beck's, Corona, Sam Adams and Heineken in bottles.

Boddingtons, Carlsberg, Grolsch Swing Top, Guinness, Hoegaarden, Murphy’s, Newcastle Brown Ale, Peroni and Stella Artois would cost $7.

Old Speckled Hen & London Pride would cost $8.

I don't know the cost of draught beer - previous poster indicated $7+15% which would be $8 rounded down. I thought that draught Amstel Light & Heineken would be within classic package?

Jim

Hi.

If we buy a premium package and board at 1pm for a 5 pm sailing does the package take effect at 1 or 5.

If i order a Jim Bean and coke is it a standard measure of each or can you ask the server for more or less

Well if you have pre-paid for the package before you cruise I would expect that it is effective as soon as you board. You are paying for a full day already even if you board at 1pm. I would hope you try a few Jim Beams! :-)

Last year a pint (or so) of draught was $7 +sv. Did not have any this year as we both had the premium non alco package, we managed at least 103 drinks in 14 days, it was really good value IMO.

I took some photos of some drinks prices, I will look at them and report back!

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Bottle beers are usually more expensive then draught if you go into a pub in Swansea. I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere else? It has got me a little annoyed as I see it as a dirty trick by Celebrity to make you buy the Premium Package.

I feel like canceling it and getting the Premium non alcoholic package now and just sticking to a couple of alcoholic drinks per day now!

Hi.

I was able to use mine as soon as I boarded (around noon).

I think the whole process is somewhat similar to how stores monitor shoplifters and petty thieves. No system is fool proof but they do enforce the rules as a deterrent to others.

First off I think they give everybody the benefit of the doubt. The system is based on trust and honesty and works under the presumption that the cruise passengers are not petty thieves who would stoop so low as to steal drinks. Hopefully all of you reading this are giving this a respectful nod and no one is rubbing their hands together and cackling a sinister giggle at the opportunity for cheating the cruise line.

Second, they monitor usage since each time you purchase a drink by scanning your card into their system. Through this they look for unusual usage patterns and this is used for a pointer for step three.

Third, they have a security team on board who watches for this based on casual observations and also observations based on reports/alerts of unusual usage.

If you get caught you are thrown off the ship. Pretty severe punishment to risk to save a few dollars on drinks.

I would not worry about them monitoring anything. We were on the 11-night equinox and got two drink packages -- prem non-alch and classic alch. We shared the drinks amongst the five of us, and we must of gotten around 30 drinks per day. No one gave us trouble about it.

Most people who get drink cards pass drinks along the family. You would be naive to think otherwise. Celebrity is not stupid and know this occurs -- that is why drink packages are so expensive. They know families will share and factor this into the price of the drink packages.

I don't see my "beverage of choice" on any list (Wild Turkey)!

Can I call Guest Services ahead and have a bottle for my cabin? Or can I have the mini-bar stocked with mini bottles of WT? Anyone know mini-bar prices?

Other than a pre-dinner WT cocktail, I would have waters and wine during the day/dinner, so the alc packages doesn't look like it would work for me.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge or advice.

Jan

I would not worry about them monitoring anything. We were on the 11-night equinox and got two drink packages -- prem non-alch and classic alch. We shared the drinks amongst the five of us, and we must of gotten around 30 drinks per day. No one gave us trouble about it.

Most people who get drink cards pass drinks along the family. You would be naive to think otherwise. Celebrity is not stupid and know this occurs -- that is why drink packages are so expensive. They know families will share and factor this into the price of the drink packages.

Personally I'd rather have them monitor it better with lower prices for people who follow the rules...

Personally I'd rather have them monitor it better with lower prices for people who follow the rules...

Our family was not the only one doing this. Every family we came across purchased one or two drink packages and passed along drinks to other family members. Do you really think a family of 4 or 5 are really going to get 5 beverage packages?

And by reading some of the posts about Celebrity on this board and how they can treat customers, do you really care if Celebrity gets cheated out of a few drinks?

If I were to give anyone advice on the beverage packages, I would say share them -- or you can give Celebrity another few hundred bucks, unnecessarily.

Edited by AEGBRG

Our family was not the only one doing this. Every family we came across purchased one or two drink packages and passed along drinks to other family members. Do you really think a family of 4 or 5 are really going to get 5 beverage packages?

And by reading some of the posts about Celebrity on this board and how they can treat customers, do you really care if Celebrity gets cheated out of a few drinks?

If I were to give anyone advice on the beverage packages, I would say share them -- or you can give Celebrity another few hundred bucks, unnecessarily.

I think honest families will buy them no matter how many in their family. This is horrible advice! This is why prices go up for honest people! And in the long run, I am paying for your cheating! It's a shame! I really think Celebrity should make everyone in the same cabin buy a beverage package or just add it to the price of the cruise and charge everyone a set fee! That way the dishonest people will have to pay too! Karma will get even with you.....

What a fine attitude. I'm glad you are starting to teach the kids how to steal at a young age. After all, why be a sucker and pay your fair share when you can cheat the system? Make sure your kids understand exactly what you're doing so they can grow up just like you.

Sharing when it is against the rules is stealing and I do believe that "most people" do not buy one or two drink cards for a family of five. Maybe I am naive, but I believe that most families are good honest people who want to set positive law and rule abiding examples for their children and that they would buy a package for each person if that made economic sense and just pay as they go if it did not.

Excellent response Crazy Cruizer. Sooner or later stealing comes back to get you. I assume that AEGBRG thinks that downloading movies from sites that stole them at the screening, buying obviously fake merchandise, paying for one buffet and sneaking food to take home to someone else, tapping into the neighbor's cable are all fine too. Someone a couple of towns over even went so far as it illegally tap into the gas line and bypass his meter (he obvisouly got caught).

Sooner or later when no one pays for movies or music, we will all suffer by not having music and movies available or have them not be of the same quality. When "insert fancy brand here" goes out of business due to counterfitters what brand will the counterfiters go after next. Buffets will raise the prices. This is no differnt that shoplifting in my book, although on B2B 14 days cruises it could amount to grand theft.

In the end I believe that most people are honest. Those that are not delude themselves into thinking that everyone does it so that it will be OK in thier minds. However, I am sure that on every Celebrity cruise there are multiple families / couples that are sharing a package. This certainly doesn't make it right, nor do I believe they are anywhere close to a majority.