Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Thanks I will add the rest of the drinks asap. Where did you find the list of acceptable files? Is .zip one of them?

Clay,

After you have clicked a button (e.g., Quote, Quick Reply, etc.) to begin to add a reply, you should scroll down below the blank "Message:" box to a section labeled, "Additional Options." There, at "Attach Files," you will see the following list of acceptable file types: "bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt." If you then click on the "Manage Attachments" button, you'll see the maximum size for each of the file types.

We enjoy cocktails/wine on our balcony while the ship pulls out of port and we are getting ready for dinner - with the packages I guess the only solution is to keep going up or down to the bar? This road block is a major one for us as we evaluate our decision - Celebrity should consider this and allow some bottles in the cabin with the package, don't you think?

Hi All,

Many thanks to everyone, especially lg51 for allthe great information. It is really helpful.

We are sailing on the Constellation October 6 (first time on Celebrity) and while not big drinkers enjoy a glass or two of wine a day -- maybe a beer or cocktail once in awhile. We will be spending a few days in Barcelona before the cruise and I recall reading somewhere that passengers can bring a bottle or two of wine on board with them for drinking in the room. Is that true? Anything special one has to do when boarding?

We are looking forward to enjoying many of the local wines (probably at lunch and on our winery tour) and would like to bring some back to the ship if possible. Any help will be most appreciated.

Steve and Kathy

Hi Steve and Kathy. You are allowed to bring two bottles of wine per cabin onboard at embarkation. You do not have to do anything special, just bring it on and show it if they ask to see it. As far as buying wine or anything else at port and bringing it on, sometimes they will have you check it on return to be returned to you the last night and sometimes you are allowed to walk right on with it. I would suggest just bringing your wine at embarkation. Enjoy your cruise!

We enjoy cocktails/wine on our balcony while the ship pulls out of port and we are getting ready for dinner - with the packages I guess the only solution is to keep going up or down to the bar? This road block is a major one for us as we evaluate our decision - Celebrity should consider this and allow some bottles in the cabin with the package, don't you think?

Ronswife, you have several options. You can bring two bottles of wine onboard at embarkation that you can enjoy in your cabin. You can buy the bottle set up package where you will have the bottles and mixers in your cabin or you can buy the alcohol package, where you would have to go to the bar to get your drink to bring it to your room. Not such a roadblock. Just plan accordingly. It all depends on whether you want a variety. If you do, then you'd probably like the alcohol package better so you can enjoy the variety. It's really no big deal to stop at the bar on the way to the cabin. Also be advised that one of you can take BOTH of your cards showing the drink package to the bar and get two drinks to bring back to the cabin. As long as you have one card per drink, you can get it. Enjoy!

Poolboy,

Going to bite the biullet and post my e-mail address below.Would you mind e-mailing me your excel spreadsheet.

Fellow Cruisers No spamming please :)

Thanks

Steve

Done. I am looking into a temporary download site for this.

Edited by poolboyclay
stripped email

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTCA04S6

Let me know if this link doesn't work. Don't forget to type in the security code on the page.

Clay

Here is an ONLINE version!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dEVKbGk2SVZfQkkwUEFXdkc0elVUMlE&hl=en#gid=0

Edited by poolboyclay

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTCA04S6

Let me know if this link doesn't work. Don't forget to type in the security code on the page.

It worked for me, Clay. You put a lot of effort into it, and I'm sure that it will help many people!

Two comments:

1. It appears that you left your own non-zero counts (beverages you plan to order) in the columns. I'd suggest that you clear them and upload your file again.

2. Before you upload your file again, though, please make sure that it is complete (incorporating the additional wines, cocktails, beers, etc., that I found and listed in posts #133, 160, and 161). I could be wrong, but it seemed that the list was not complete.

I was not able to go to your online site, because I don't have a Google account. May I suggest that you make sure that the copy there also has the "addenda" from posts 133, 160, and 161?

Thanks!

Edited by jg51

It worked for me, Clay. You put a lot of effort into it, and I'm sure that it will help many people!

Two comments:

1. It appears that you left your own non-zero counts (beverages you plan to order) in the columns. I'd suggest that you clear them and upload your file again.

2. Before you upload your file again, though, please make sure that it is complete (incorporating the additional wines, cocktails, beers, etc., that I found and listed in posts #133, 160, and 161). I could be wrong, but it seemed that the list was not complete.

I was not able to go to your online site, because I don't have a Google account. May I suggest that you make sure that the copy there also has the "addenda" from posts 133, 160, and 161?

Thanks!

lol, those were "test" drinks to see if it was working.

The list is not complete, but I had a lot of requests so i posted what I had.

Thanks for the feedback!

Does anyone know what Celebrity charges for one outside of the Martini Bar or Ensemble Lounge where they go for $10? I'm thinking of the Navigator Club, in the theater, or one of the pool bars. I do enjoy my simple classic dry martini. I recall a few years ago getting one for $5.50 & $6.50.

Thanks for any info,

Ken

I guess I was too late editing my previous posting. I would also be interested if anyone knows their charges of other drinks such as Scotch & soda, Jack Daniels neat, Gin & Tonic, etc.

Thanks for any info,

Ken

Edited by Twojacks

Beverage package evaluator Updated version 1.4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FL2DXCF6

online version in Google https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dDB3dlRCdkk5MFJ6RFYycUM4T2Vocnc&hl=en

Still working on adding the rest of the drinks, but this works.

Clay

Edited by poolboyclay

Hi

I was also wondering about taking drinks to the room if you have a premium package. I would like to take beer back to the room, keep them on ice and then enjoy them when I want them. If both my husband and I have the package, can we ask the bartender to not open the beer and then take them back one at a time to the room and enjoy them later? I really didn't like the idea of sloshing my drinks back to the room. Most times we will be out and about but we do like sitting on the balcony.

Thanks

Lynn

Does anyone know what Celebrity charges for one outside of the Martini Bar or Ensemble Lounge where they go for $10? ... I recall a few years ago getting one for $5.50 & $6.50.

Sorry, "Twojacks" / Ken, but that info is not lised in any of bar menus that have been posted on the Internet.

I would also be interested if anyone knows their charges of other drinks such as Scotch & soda, Jack Daniels neat, Gin & Tonic, etc.

According to the Michael's Club menu, "neat" (brand-name) liquors -- gin, rum, scotch, bourbon, vodka -- are mostly between $6 and $7.50 (with a couple lower and some higher). That includes Jack Daniels, Chivas Regal, Johnny Walker (r/b), etc.. I don't find prices, on the linked menus, for these liquors when mixed with soda/tonic/soft drink -- so I guess that you'll have to estimate, unless someone stops by here and gives you firm numbers.

Good luck!