Oasis disembarkation rules

Hello

I apologise if this has been asked/covered before.....

In the past with RCI we have kept our luggage in the cabin on the last evening - instead of putting it out for collection. On the morning of disembarkation, we have had breakfast, collected our luggage and then made our way off the ship at a time that suits.

This has always been our preference and I wanted to check if this is acceptable on the Oasis.

thanks in advance

:)

Hello

I apologise if this has been asked/covered before.....

In the past with RCI we have kept our luggage in the cabin on the last evening - instead of putting it out for collection. On the morning of disembarkation, we have had breakfast, collected our luggage and then made our way off the ship at a time that suits.

This has always been our preference and I wanted to check if this is acceptable on the Oasis.

thanks in advance

:)

If you can readily handle your bags yourself, then yes, you can do self-disembarkation.

Yes Oasis does offer self-disembarkation and allows you to carry your bags off on your own, if you can handle them.

But it´s not "leave at the time you desire" ! They get the people who chose self-disembarkation off first, as they don´t want the gangway clogged up with all the luggage when they try to disembark the other groups quickly.

One other note, you have to walk several stairs down in the terminal building and you are not allowed to take your luggage on the escalator. Either schlepp it down the stairs or take the elevator which builds up long lines.

But it´s not "leave at the time you desire" ! They get the people who chose self-disembarkation off first...

Correct. Usually, SD is for those who have early travel plans and so they can be off the ship in an expedient manner. If you choose SD you will be among the first groups called to leave the ship.

Passengers are assigned a public area in which to wait. You cannot wait there with all your luggage; it's just not efficient, nor is it practical. Talk about congestion!

If you want to carry all of your own luggage, you may do so but you will be leaving early.

Have fun on Oasis. :)

Hi,

I'm asking for my employee who will be sailing on the Allure out of Ft. Lauderdale next January. He's not a member here, but is smart enough to ask me, the closest thing to a cruise expert he knows, what time he should plan on for a flight home.

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I had hoped to leave a little later and self-disembark, but if that means being one of the first passenger groups off, I think I would rather revert back to having a time-slot and collecting luggage from the baggage claim/hall.

Thank you all again for your help.

...I think I would rather revert back to having a time-slot and collecting luggage from the baggage claim/hall.

Hi Lisa,

The embarkation and disembarkation for Oasis at the new terminal they built is the fastest and slickest we have ever encountered. It was phenominal! You will be amazed at the speed and efficiency.

On the last morning, their goal is to have all passengers off the ship by 9:30 am. I say that is their goal, anyway. ;) All passengers get numbered baggage tags which correspond with a time when you will be called off the ship. The luggage is taken into the baggage claim area in order of these numbers. If, for instance, you are number 35 and your time is 9:15 am, you cannot get off the ship earlier in hopes of meeting up with your bags because they will not be in the claim area yet. They will turn you around and send you back on the ship, is how they explained it to us.

It's really not all that crowded because, first of all, the place is huge and also the new system is very efficient. There are a lot of customs agents ready to meet you. As I said, it's all very speedy and efficient inside the terminal.

Don't you worry, it's all good. Their aim is for all passengers to have a "relaxing" last morning, if possible. If you don't have to be off the ship right away, you can wait until you are called. We did that and still found very little crowding. Remember, Oasis is at the new terminal all alone and it wasn't as busy as one might think, even with over 5000 disembarking passengers.

Archived