Cozumel Time

mnsawyer

Z i think you are wrong again.We were in cozumel the first week of may in 2002 and the first two weeks of may 2003.Last year we went the last two weeks of may. In 2002 & 2003 we had to put our clocks ahead one hour the first weeked in may to get on daylight savings time.

It is possible, but I don't think so. I just could not find any information that indicated Mexico is on a different schedule from the US. Mexico didn't even start DST until NAFTA. Perhaps Cozumel forgot or the timekeeper was on vacation in 2002 and 2003? :D

BUT... I did think about this a little bit. Even if they do change in May instead of April, May 1 is the first Sunday in May, so that is when the clocks should change. On May 2, Cozumel should be on DST in either case (I think). :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: I will be in Cozumel the first week of May (2nd) as well, on the Grandeur (RCCL) I have written the cruiseline to get the story straight. Will post when I find out. :confused:

I definitely wouldn't believe anything they say. :D

New Orleans time and Cozumel time will be the same.

Zy is correct again. Cozumel changes its clocks on the same night at the U.S. It didn't always be this way, but it has for at least three years now.

Thanks for pursuing this Princess, but if the Grandeur originates in New Orleans, your 9am is the same as mine. I'll see you then! Sorry I didn't catch this, but my internet was down last night and this morning.

I did it again (I think). Dye my hair blond and call me Britney.

Hey now....Britney is NOT a blonde!!!!

Ok, I got a response back from Royal Caribbean and when it says that the ship is in port from 7am-4pm, Cozumel time is EXACTLY the same! It was like that with Celebrity last year as well. :)

Archived