Cozumel Time

mnsawyer

Can anyone clarify for me Cozumel time after daylight saving time (April 3). I realize that Cozumel doesn't observe daylight saving time and currently is one hour ahead of eastern time. Does that mean that Cozumel will be two hours behind ship's time after April 3rd?? We're in Cozumel 7:30 - 3:30. I don't think we'll be able to hit the beach at 5:30 a.m. Won't even be daylight!

MNSawyer: From what I understand, RCI ships change time to local time. When we were on the Century we changed times, too. Your ship might do this also. Sure would seem to make sense so that people don't get mixed up when on shore, especially passengers who don't wear watches and use local clocks.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. We're sailing Carnival and the capers indicate to keep your watch on ship's time. I believe when we sailed on the Triumph in March 2003, we didn't change time...Cozumel was an hour behind ship's time. I just can't imagine that we wouldn't change at least an hour - two hours difference just seems too much.

Which ship? If the Triumph again, I would think Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica would all be 1 hour behind ships time.

DST - Cozumel

No DSt - Grand Cayman, Jamaica

Z, so does that mean that if you ship is due to dock at 9:00 a.m. in Cosumel . . . it's actually 8:00 a.m. Cosumel time? And if your ship is due to depart at midnight . . . that is actually 11:00 p.m. Cosumel time?

You will be 1 hour behind. Carnival ships stay on the time zone of the embarkation port. So, if you are sailing out of Florida, you will be on eastern time.

Actually some do and some don't. The ships that leave from Central time zones tend to adjust ship's time to local time. Those that leave from East Coast time tend to stay on East Coast time. But there are exceptions. For example, I will be on the Valor out of Miami next month, and I believe ship time will be adjusted to local time.

As for the Miracle, no clue - isn't this a new itinerary for it?

Lady C, not enough information. What ship, what sailing?

Actually some do and some don't. The ships that leave from Central time zones tend to adjust ship's time to local time. Those that leave from East Coast time tend to stay on East Coast time. But there are exceptions. For example, I will be on the Valor out of Miami next month, and I believe ship time will be adjusted to local time.

I did it again (I think). Dye my hair blond and call me Britney. Some Valor Capers I picked up off of Cruise Critic indicate the Valor changes ship time, but now there are reports that it doesn't. So either it does or it doesn't, or perhaps sometimes, or maybe they are still trying to figure it out, since it is still a relatively new ship.

I do know the Capers on the website seem to have errors, including indicating the Valor gets to Grand Cayman at 7am when it is really 9am.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=130818

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Confused here too. When I was on the Conquest in 2003, we kept ship time, which was NOLA time. I was told in another thread around here that Carnival now changes to port time. Who the heck knows? I figure that by the time we board our respective ships, we'll know.

Let me make this more confusing Some ships change there time some do not so all you have to do is pay attention to ship time not island time. Zydecocruises is correct mexico [cozumel] do obsever daylight savings time the BIG DEFFERENTS IS THEY GO AHEAD ONE HOUR THE FIRST WEEKEND IN MAY NOT APRIL LIKE WE DO.So most of the year there is a one hour time defferents from east coast time. But from april to may there is a two hour time defferents.

As for the Miracle, no clue - isn't this a new itinerary for it?

Lady C, not enough information. What ship, what sailing?

Z, I'll be arriving in Cosumel on May 2nd . . . Carvival's Triumph (according to the brochure) at 9:00 a.m. and departing at Midnight . . .

Z, I'll be arriving in Cosumel on May 2nd . . . Carvival's Triumph (according to the brochure) at 9:00 a.m. and departing at Midnight . . .

I could be wrong (have already set a record in this thread), but I think Mexico changes to daylight savings time in sync with the US.

I would say you will be in Cozumel 8am-11pm LOCAL time (9am-Midnight ship time).

Z i think you are wrong again.We were in cozumel the first week of may in 2002 and the first two weeks of may 2003.Last year we went the last two weeks of may. In 2002 & 2003 we had to put our clocks ahead one hour the first weeked in may to get on daylight savings time.

Archived