Roll Call Emerald Princess 10-19-2010 Eastern Carribean

Drempel

You are probably right! We are down to the wire now..A buddy of ours has decided to join us the weekend before in FLL. And will take us to the Emerald on Tuesday, before turning in his car and his flight home. Great Friend!! What time should we arrive at the dock.

they are usually REALLY good about boarding early unless they had a USDA inspection or a full immigration check or if there was a norovirus outbreak on the previous sailing where they had to clean EVERYTHING, but if none of that happens, I've been on the ship as early as 11:15. So, the line starts outside around 10am or so even though it says boarding starts at 1pm.

My flight gets in at 11am then I'll be right over.

I'd say AJ will be at Gulfstream depositing cash and I'll be in the line by 9. We are staying at a friend's in Aventura Monday night so no reason not to show up early. If I didn't want a chance at those "Extras" I wouldn't bother. We're the types that like to show up last after the crouds. Once we've had lunch we're hopping back off to do the booze run. we won't have time the night before because our flight down gets in Late, but we'll be back by 4:30 for sure (Although we might miss the muster ;)).

they are usually REALLY good about boarding early unless they had a USDA inspection or a full immigration check or if there was a norovirus outbreak on the previous sailing where they had to clean EVERYTHING, but if none of that happens, I've been on the ship as early as 11:15. So, the line starts outside around 10am or so even though it says boarding starts at 1pm.

My flight gets in at 11am then I'll be right over.

Hopefully, we will not have of those issues. Our Buddy's flight leaves at 3p so, we may plan be at the dock around 12:30-1p..which will probably be the busy time.

looks like Tim Donovan will be our Cruise Director, I can't remember liking him, don't know why...So I did a google search of him and this is from one article:

Hangin' With Dorothy

So, what exactly happens at these touted FOD meetings? Disco music and inebriated men swinging from the chandeliers? (Whoops ... that was the last wedding I went to.) It's typically a very casual and sedate cocktail party at one of the ship's bars or public rooms, sometimes with hosted cocktails and a member of the ship's social staff (or better yet, the cruise director in person) on hand to provide social lubrication. The time is usually prior to or during cocktail hour (although Tim Donovan, a cruise director on Princess' Grand Princess, inexplicably scheduled his one FOD meeting at 9:30 p.m. on the voyage's last formal night, despite repeated passenger requests to plan one earlier, probably proving that subtle homophobia still exists on the high seas).

looks like Tim Donovan will be our Cruise Director, I can't remember liking him, don't know why...So I did a google search of him and this is from one article:

Hangin' With Dorothy

So, what exactly happens at these touted FOD meetings? Disco music and inebriated men swinging from the chandeliers? (Whoops ... that was the last wedding I went to.) It's typically a very casual and sedate cocktail party at one of the ship's bars or public rooms, sometimes with hosted cocktails and a member of the ship's social staff (or better yet, the cruise director in person) on hand to provide social lubrication. The time is usually prior to or during cocktail hour (although Tim Donovan, a cruise director on Princess' Grand Princess, inexplicably scheduled his one FOD meeting at 9:30 p.m. on the voyage's last formal night, despite repeated passenger requests to plan one earlier, probably proving that subtle homophobia still exists on the high seas).

Hopefully, This happened a while ago...and he has mended his ways.

Two words: Closet Case. LOL

On our last princess cruise there were gay cruise staff members... they were totally cool to say the least and found us all over the ship and engaged us. When we got back into San Juan, Customs, on the last day of our B2B, decided to do the detailed inspection which takes FOREVER. People were cranky. Our buddy from the cruise staff was there as were a few other cruise staffers right by the gangway, so I went up to him as things were getting heated and suggested we have a little fun. I sang the "Love Boat" theme song into the microphone and the staff totally got in on it as my back up singers. Some people got the joke... others were still cranky. My AJ was laughing his ass off, my mother said I sounded great, my father just giggled and shook his head. ;)

Bottom Line... We'll make our own fun no matter what. Heck If we're the whole FOD group, we can really meet anywhere at any time. Who needs old Timmy D.

That this thread has had over 1400 hits and we are up to a whopping 3 of us actually posting??? OK... For all of you who are on our cruise and can't come to a regular FOD meeting because you might be otherwise engaged, but since you're looking at this threat A LOT and must be interested... unofficial meeting nightly 6-8 in the lotus spa men's steam room and sauna. ;)

Did I mention that I think I'm funny??

You are funny..Hopefully you'll have some takers at the hot tub..and they will not be as shy joining in..lol. Down to the wire. started packing this Morning, already overweight. There goes the wigs..hehehe!

I am in the same boat..:rolleyes: The Diet is in shambles..too late now! We have been packed for days. Will unpack tomorrow because I'm not sure I have everything I wanted to bring..Errrrr!

Hahaha, got my dates wrong. Nevermind! Looking at the 11/18 cruise... toof unny.

I'm looking at booking this cruise--the half off price cut is too much to pass up, but I have no one to go with... grrr.

So, if any other guys are lurking or reading this, let me know!

:D

Mark

Archived