Why Fred is worse than P&O

simonpjd

Having sailed with both here we go.

1 Embarkation/disembarkation - P&O have this down to a tee. Quick and slick. Fred have a long way to go - not sure why as ships are smaller, less passengers so should be easy.

2 Getting shore excursions ashore. There were queues from the theatre down to the gangway 4 levels below with Fred. P&O have those badges with around 15 in a group and they are sent off by group. Come on Fred sort it out.

3 Cocktails - we gave up after 4 Pina Coladas where all we were getting was pineapple juice or so it seemed. This should be so easy to get right. They were awful and lots of other passengers agreed.

4 Show company. They were young, keen and enthusiastic but not very talented. Headliners were genuinely west end standard.

5 Daytime activities - were the same every day. 14 days of dolphin racing really. Bingo callers whose English couldnt be understood. Even worse when these same guys were doing quizzes. I am tempted to offer my services to sort this out but I guess it must have been close to mutiny on a world cruise (77th day of the dolphins oh no).

Any more out there. BTW having said all this it wouldnt stop me going on another FO cruise as we had a great time - it just could have been so much better with so little extra effort and organisation. So come on Fred - are you listening.

Having sailed with both here we go.

1 Embarkation/disembarkation - P&O have this down to a tee. Quick and slick. Fred have a long way to go - not sure why as ships are smaller, less passengers so should be easy.

2 Getting shore excursions ashore. There were queues from the theatre down to the gangway 4 levels below with Fred. P&O have those badges with around 15 in a group and they are sent off by group. Come on Fred sort it out.

3 Cocktails - we gave up after 4 Pina Coladas where all we were getting was pineapple juice or so it seemed. This should be so easy to get right. They were awful and lots of other passengers agreed.

4 Show company. They were young, keen and enthusiastic but not very talented. Headliners were genuinely west end standard.

5 Daytime activities - were the same every day. 14 days of dolphin racing really. Bingo callers whose English couldnt be understood. Even worse when these same guys were doing quizzes. I am tempted to offer my services to sort this out but I guess it must have been close to mutiny on a world cruise (77th day of the dolphins oh no).

Any more out there. BTW having said all this it wouldnt stop me going on another FO cruise as we had a great time - it just could have been so much better with so little extra effort and organisation. So come on Fred - are you listening.

We did'nt experience any of the above on our Fred cruise to the caribbean,only had 2 lots of Dlphin racing:)

Embarkation was good short queue and met with a cold drink.

Quizes were done by an english person.

Entertainment was very hit and miss, the crew show was the best one the comedian was different to say the least

Tours started in the lounge and we were given dots on our tickets it was quite organised all in all we had a great cruise.

Archived