Anyone ever get called to the naughty room on false suspicions?

familyak3

My first cruise is coming soon and I am all packed. I read so much

on these boards and paid close attention to the liquor posts.

I am definitely not bringing the prohibited items. Packed is my dh’s shaving kit and it includes a few bottles of different clear and tinted liquid. Has anyone ever been held up for something like cologne and how did the cruise line handle it?

yes. on ncl pearl last december our luggage was not delivered to our cabin. instead we got a notice to go to room number, i forgot the number. had no idea why. so off we went to discover a corridor filled with other passengers all waiting to go into the room one by one. once inside there were 4 crew members politely asking if they could open my suitcase. the suitcase had a label on it directing it to go to the naughty room. they opened it found nothing and sort of lamely apologized for the inconvenience. hardest part for me was dragging my own suitcase to my cabin. in retrospect it wasnt so bad and i made some friends for the whole cruise from the passengers in line.

I've always :) brought two bottles of wine from home for my cruises and have NEVER been required to go claim my luggage:(, after they kept my wine. I've come back to the ship with a couple bottles of rum from ports and after running my cane, camera and package(s) through the x-ray machine, I simply picked up everything and went on to my cabin. Nothing has ever been said.

The only time I had a problem was one time I'd forgotten to pack my rum in my luggage on the last night of the cruise and the next morning I put them in my carry-on. Naturally the security people at the airport took my rum. Actually they gave me a choice; I could either check my carry-on (which contained my laptop & camera along with other things) or they could take my rum. I told the guy, "I hope you enjoy my rum".

the suitcase had a label on it directing it to go to the naughty room. they opened it found nothing and sort of lamely apologized for the inconvenience. hardest part for me was dragging my own suitcase to my cabin. in retrospect it wasnt so bad and i made some friends for the whole cruise from the passengers in line.

Uggg! If I am ever in that situation, I hope I handle it half as good as you. I wonder if I told them I was not able to drag the suitcase back myself they would get me help?

On the POA in the Fall of 2009 we had a piece of luggage that wasn't delivered to our cabin, later we found a note on our door to come down to the naughty room, they wanted to check the luggage that they had kept of ours down there....there was nothing illegal on that bag...what set them off was the cords and chargers for our electronic devices...lol...I guess they thought we had a bomb in it or something....we all had a good laugh and went on our way. Even tho it was an inconvenience, I'm glad that they do check for stuff like that...makes me feel safer....after all these days you never know what is in a piece of luggage...:eek:

gg

Archived