Canada/New England Excursions

Randyxl

Hello all,

I would be interesting in hearing some recommendations for excursions at our ports (Quebec City, Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax and Bar Harbor.) We are going on the Maasdam Sept 11th and my wife and I will be traveling with my parents. They will be using a wheelchair or walker as they have difficulty walking more than a short distance.

Thanks everyone

Randy

Also check out the Disabled Cruise Travel under Special Interest Cruising. They have great info that you'll find helpful with your parents. I was using a walker last year and found it difficult going ashore because the gangways were so long and angled. Since there is such a big change between low and high tide, they built the ramps in accordian pattern. Some stretches went down, but others went up! You might want to consider a wheelchair rather than using a walker. With a walker, I was exhausted by just going ashore then again by reboarding.

In Quebec, we enjoyed the horse drawn carriage ride through Vieux Quebec. It was a good way to see some of the sights and get very interesting commentary without my having to do much walking.

Archived