Best Boardwalk Balcony Stateroom on Oasis?

Hi! Just wondering which Boardwalk Balcony to book?? (We are a family of 3 and need the sleeper sofa!) I have read so may reviews my head is swimming!:eek: Also, Any deck better than another? Thanks for any input!

I just checked out of cabin 10729 this morning. It is the furthest aft boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 10 (portside) overlooking the Aqua Theater and the wake. It is a triple cabin, with the sleeper sofa (which my 6' tall son slept on all week with no complaints.) We loved this location. Our views of the boardwalk and Aqua Theater shows were superb. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again, for the terrific views alone. :D

The cabin itself was really tight for 3 passengers though, in my opinion, but it was no smaller than any other balcony cabin other than a Junior Suite or above, so there is not much you can do about that. When the sofa bed is made up into the full-sized bed there was almost no floor space at all. We made out just fine, but just had to stagger our routines to allow for the small amount of space. That infamous "hard to reach" outlet is almost impossible to reach when the sofa is made up as a bed, which did create some havoc when my daughter wanted to blow dry her hair in the morning while my son was still asleep on the sofa bed. :p But, we all adjusted to the situation and would have been willing to deal with it another week, had they let us stay onboard! ;)

I felt like deck 10 was a great deck because it was high enough for a great view, without being too high. I will point out that no matter which boadwalk balcony you have, there WILL be noise during the aqua shows. For us, we could still hear the music for the shows even with our door shut tight. But, the instant the show was over, we had perfect silence. Many nights there was no show late into the evenings, so no noise. The few nights that there was an evening aqua show, it always ended by 11:30p.m. at the latest, and we usually enjoyed sitting out and watching, so it was not really interfering with our sleep, but I did want to make you aware that going to bed early COULD be an issue on some nights, so just keep that in mind.

Good luck deciding! I honestly don't think there are any bad choices. Each have pro's and con's. But, for us 10729 was awesome!

Here are some photos of the view from 10729...

IMG_3875.jpg.7396f1a4e7cd25e82450c7d002fbfe09.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg.4f47854916db39cc1ae7524f8803a973.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg.a326153ef72034f280915528da757266.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg.131890384ac0a69a886236efe69cb55a.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg.70b750c61bcc7aaf9c6f3495019e85aa.jpg

Bonnie Voyager, thanks! We are booked in the same location but on the other side of the boardwark and on deck 12. I'm considering changing to deck 10 based on your comments. I was worried about being too close to the boardwalk but it sounds like that wasn't an issue.

Sounds like you had a great time!

I just checked out of cabin 10729 this morning. It is the furthest aft boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 10 (portside) overlooking the Aqua Theater and the wake. It is a triple cabin, with the sleeper sofa (which my 6' tall son slept on all week with no complaints.) We loved this location. Our views of the boardwalk and Aqua Theater shows were superb. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again, for the terrific views alone. :D

The cabin itself was really tight for 3 passengers though, in my opinion, but it was no smaller than any other balcony cabin other than a Junior Suite or above, so there is not much you can do about that. When the sofa bed is made up into the full-sized bed there was almost no floor space at all. We made out just fine, but just had to stagger our routines to allow for the small amount of space. That infamous "hard to reach" outlet is almost impossible to reach when the sofa is made up as a bed, which did create some havoc when my daughter wanted to blow dry her hair in the morning while my son was still asleep on the sofa bed. :p But, we all adjusted to the situation and would have been willing to deal with it another week, had they let us stay onboard! ;)

I felt like deck 10 was a great deck because it was high enough for a great view, without being too high. I will point out that no matter which boadwalk balcony you have, there WILL be noise during the aqua shows. For us, we could still hear the music for the shows even with our door shut tight. But, the instant the show was over, we had perfect silence. Many nights there was no show late into the evenings, so no noise. The few nights that there was an evening aqua show, it always ended by 11:30p.m. at the latest, and we usually enjoyed sitting out and watching, so it was not really interfering with our sleep, but I did want to make you aware that going to bed early COULD be an issue on some nights, so just keep that in mind.

Good luck deciding! I honestly don't think there are any bad choices. Each have pro's and con's. But, for us 10729 was awesome!

Here are some photos of the view from 10729...

Any chance of you doing a thread on how you liked the Oasis compared to Voyager class ships and whether it is worth the extra money... in your opinion?

Bonnie Voyager, thanks! We are booked in the same location but on the other side of the boardwark and on deck 12. I'm considering changing to deck 10 based on your comments. I was worried about being too close to the boardwalk but it sounds like that wasn't an issue.

I think deck 12 would be equally desirable. I'm not sure I'd bother switching at all. ;)

Any chance of you doing a thread on how you liked the Oasis compared to Voyager class ships and whether it is worth the extra money... in your opinion?

I can certainly answer your question right here ;) In my opinion, Oasis was WELL worth the money! I absolutely L-O-V-E-D Oasis! So much so, that I have two cruises booked already on Allure for 2011 and 2012! Comparing Oasis to a Voyager class ship for me, is sort of like comparing Atlantic City to Las Vegas. I love Atlantic City and since I live close-by, it is fun and exciting, and is a great destination for a quick get-away from everyday life.....but.....Las Vegas is the crown jewel if you enjoy that type of entertainment and blows Atlantic City right out of the water and I am in awe every time I go to Vegas!

So, for me, the Voyager/Freedom-class ships are my mainstay. I love them, I compare all ships to them, they have everything that I look for in a vacation.....but Oasis took me into an entire different category of awe! It took everything that I love about the Voyager/Freedom-class and pumped it up to a level that I could not even comprehend! Oasis IS the destination. I could easily have spent the entire week on Oasis just docked right in Ft. Lauderdale and still have gotten off at the end saying I had just completed the best cruise ever! :D

I wouldn't change if I were you. We were in 12329 for the maiden voyage a it was perfect. We could not here anything from the Aqua theater if our door close closed tight. Also there is a little alcove outside with chairs and tables that is not know or used and is quite relaxing to sit and watch the ocean go by and while in port.

I can certainly answer your question right here ;) In my opinion, Oasis was WELL worth the money! I absolutely L-O-V-E-D Oasis! So much so, that I have two cruises booked already on Allure for 2011 and 2012! Comparing Oasis to a Voyager class ship for me, is sort of like comparing Atlantic City to Las Vegas. I love Atlantic City and since I live close-by, it is fun and exciting, and is a great destination for a quick get-away from everyday life.....but.....Las Vegas is the crown jewel if you enjoy that type of entertainment and blows Atlantic City right out of the water and I am in awe every time I go to Vegas!

So, for me, the Voyager/Freedom-class ships are my mainstay. I love them, I compare all ships to them, they have everything that I look for in a vacation.....but Oasis took me into an entire different category of awe! It took everything that I love about the Voyager/Freedom-class and pumped it up to a level that I could not even comprehend! Oasis IS the destination. I could easily have spent the entire week on Oasis just docked right in Ft. Lauderdale and still have gotten off at the end saying I had just completed the best cruise ever! :D

Thanks. That is good to here coming from someone who I know likes the Voyager ships as much as I do. I am going to be doing Oasis next February. It is costing quite a bit more than what Independence did this year and much more than I could do Adventure for out of San Juan. But reading the boards the past few months is getting me pretty excited about this dicision.

Oasis IS the destination. I could easily have spent the entire week on Oasis just docked right in Ft. Lauderdale and still have gotten off at the end saying I had just completed the best cruise ever! :D

LOL I had said the exact same thing on Dec 12th last year walking down the gangway when we got back to FLL...

I wouldn't change if I were you. We were in 12329 for the maiden voyage a it was perfect. We could not here anything from the Aqua theater if our door close closed tight. Also there is a little alcove outside with chairs and tables that is not know or used and is quite relaxing to sit and watch the ocean go by and while in port.

That settles it! I'm keeping it. Is the alcove at the end of the hallway? I see a space on the deck plan and wasn't sure what it was. This is really good information, thanks!!

• 5 weeks later...
That settles it! I'm keeping it. Is the alcove at the end of the hallway? I see a space on the deck plan and wasn't sure what it was. This is really good information, thanks!!

We've got 12329 for the 9/18/2010 week. I'll take pictures of the cabin, balcony view and the alcove area and post them upon our return. I hope we like the aft boardwalk balcony because I've already booked it for a B2B on Allure in 2011!

Greenpony, do you have any photos of the inside of cabin 9329? or of the view from the balcony? I have booked that cabin for October 30. I would love to see some. If you don't want to post on here, could you email them to me? I'll get you my email address is you want to do that.

We've got 12329 for the 9/18/2010 week. I'll take pictures of the cabin, balcony view and the alcove area and post them upon our return. I hope we like the aft boardwalk balcony because I've already booked it for a B2B on Allure in 2011!

Can't wait to see your pics!:D

would you be able to send me more info on this room/location? we are booked in this cabin for Allure and would love to know more!!

thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just saw this! When you get a chance I'd love to see the pictures. Also, did you happen to notice if the balcony divider opens? Our kids will be next door in 12327. I hope you had a great time!

Bonnie,

Did you like the boardwalk balconies better than the regular balconies overlooking the ocean? Do you think I would be able to see the water if I booked 11725? It is 3 cabins from the back. I am thinking of switching from my balcony overlooking the water and saving 200.00. Any opinions?

Thanks for your help

Sue

Bonnie,

Did you like the boardwalk balconies better than the regular balconies overlooking the ocean? Do you think I would be able to see the water if I booked 11725? It is 3 cabins from the back. I am thinking of switching from my balcony overlooking the water and saving 200.00. Any opinions?

Thanks for your help

Sue

You can definitely see the water from 11725. I loved my boardwalk balcony view. It was a novelty. I cruise a lot and can book a traditional ocean view balcony any time, but only on Oasis or Allure can I experience watching the boardwalk, aqua theater, zipline, carousel, AND see the ocean at the same time :D

Archived