Where is the best place to buy Tequila, kahlua,vanilla

bencal

We will be in Cozumel (On the Legend) next week and want to stock up on Tequila, vanilla and Kahlua, where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There are a couple of large groceries as you head into San Miguel, plus a Cosi liquor store on the south end of town. Cab drivers will know where to go. There's a "flea market" type of a place on the south side of the main Plaza in San Miguel that has good prices too. All these will have some selections of vanilla and different Tequilas. And then, there's Los Cinco Soles with an outlet at the pier in Puerta Maya, where the Legend usually docks. LCS's vanilla is pretty decent and you won't run the risk of getting the imitation stuff that is often marketed around in different places. And unless you're looking for a specific brand of tequila not usually distributed in the US or is very high end, you'll probably find th emore common varieteis there. Are LCS prices the cheapest? Maybe, maybe not, but when you add the $15 or more for taxi fare, probably not a lot of difference. Bragging rights on saving $5 on a bottle of middle shelf tequila are null and void when you spend $30 to find it. I'd price the Kahlua and common barstock tequila on the ship before comparing to any of the other places since you'll probably have to give up the liquor on returning to the ship anyway and they'll give it back to you the last night of the cruise. Same as buying on the ship and you won't have to lug it around.

so, is LCS walkable from the port?? We are on the Elation, and we're also interested in buying some vanilla.

If you dock at the Puerta Maya pier, it's in the port shopping area at the end nearest the taxi stand/entrance to the port area. If you dock in Punta Langosta, it's a short walk, stay on the street by the ocean, go past the plaza area and you'll see it across from the ocean. If you dock at International pier (not usually where Elation docks) you'll have to take a taxi to the one downtown. Short ride.

so, is LCS walkable from the port?? We are on the Elation, and we're also interested in buying some vanilla.

we gave found it is just as easy and probably almost as cheap just to go to someplace like Ponchos. enjoy their great food, margaritas and buy from them. You can walk from the pier, (a long walk I will add)

Nita

we gave found it is just as easy and probably almost as cheap just to go to someplace like Ponchos. enjoy their great food, margaritas and buy from them. You can walk from the pier, (a long walk I will add)

Nita

BTW Ponchos Back Yard is Los Cinco Soles! Same owners, same locations.

Very good vanilla at LCS. Here is the web site for it.

http://orlandomx.com/products.html

I always buy Reyna, which I have been able to find at only one location in town because it is $1.00 less a bottle and I am going to town anyway.

Just remember - if you are flying, do not pack this in your carry on bag.

Thanks. I will check this brand out. I bought Azteca years ago and it was good.

Where can you find clear vanilla? It's the best for making meringue and white icing. I bought some years ago but now cannot find it.

I know the Reyna that I like comes in clear also, so maybe the one sold in Los Cincos Soles can be bought in clear too. It is the same, just different labels.

http://orlandomx.com/products.html

Archived