Different Ports

I have never missed a port due to a storm but I'm sure that eventually it will happen.

Many people have missed ports and/or had the entire itinerary changed due to hazardous conditions. That's the price of sailing during hurricane season!

Think of it as a potential brand new adventure!

:)

Yep ..

Had Belize and Costa Maya replace with Nassau and Key West.

Had western replaced by eastern.

and... had an extra day in Cozumel and an extra day at sea.

Loved it all.... don't care where you take us, we're having fun :D

Wonder where I'll go this time!!!!

Have you ever went to completely different ports because of a hurricaine? Example you are scheduled to go to Bahamas, but there is a storm brewing in that direction so you go to Cozomel instead? Just an example not a wish.

Well, bahamas to cozomel are vast distances from each other. You're not going to get rerouted 2,000 miles away. But ya, maybe a Bahamas port gets rerouted to San Juan. One time we were going to go to NCL's private island and were rerouted to Nassau because of a tropical storm.

Have you ever went to completely different ports because of a hurricaine? Example you are scheduled to go to Bahamas, but there is a storm brewing in that direction so you go to Cozomel instead? Just an example not a wish.

Sure have! 2008 was supposed to be an Eastern Carib to St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Nassau and back into Miami. But, ole Hurricane Ike was sitting out over Grand Turk totally destroying it so we headed to the Western Carib to Cozumel, Belize, Isla De Roatan, and I think Grand Cayman. Found out less than 24 hours before we sailed that our entire itinerary had changed. I was disappointed, but not destroyed. Better to be safe! :D

But, it happens! :eek:

In 2008 we cruised on the Miracle out of NYC. Ports of call were to be San Juan, St. Thomas and Turks & Caicos - we actually went to Pt. Canavaral, Freeport and my personal favorite.....Newport R.I.! You will see in our review that it did not diminish our enjoyment at all!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=842558&highlight=

Archived