How far from HAL port to White Pass RR station

voegcal

Not sure about the wheelchair rental option, but on June 29th, HAL docked closest to town and it was a less than 3 minute walk. Maybe the ship would have one that you could borrow just to transport her over...then walk it back to the ship????

You could also google 'wheelchair rental in Skagway' and see if you get anything.

We arrived on Island Princess in June. We docked farthest away. We were booked with White Pass Railroad, independently. There were golf carts running that picked us up at the ship and took us to the end of the dock. White Pass railroad picked us up at the end of the dock they were there waiting for us. Took us to the train station to pick up other passengers. We drove up on the bus and took the train back. It's a great trip.

On our Alaskan cruise HAL did have the dock closet to the train station.

Now -- as to the wheelchairs on HAL. I had a medical problem the last couple of days on one of our HAL cruises. They would only let me borrow a wheelchair to go to the infirmary where I had to make arrangements to rent a wheelchair for the remainder of the cruise. I doubt if they will allow you to use a wheelchair to get someone back and forth from a tour. You would be wise to arrange renting one for the entire cruise -- do this before you leave on the cruise to ensure that there will be one for you.

We arrived on Island Princess in June. We docked farthest away. We were booked with White Pass Railroad, independently. There were golf carts running that picked us up at the ship and took us to the end of the dock. White Pass railroad picked us up at the end of the dock they were there waiting for us. Took us to the train station to pick up other passengers. We drove up on the bus and took the train back. It's a great trip.

Do you happen to know if this was exclusively a White Pass RR operation?? (and not a contracted vendor?) Interested in how it went.

Archived