Table for Two

paulandfran

Is it hard to get a table for two for dining on Celebrity ships?

Thanks,

Francie

I usually travel Celebrity exclusively and when I have requested a table for two with my travel agent, I have rarely been denied. There are more people who prefer larger tables because they get to meet more people onboard. Tables for two can be a crapshoot as to where they are located, which is a turn off for some. You could get one close to the galley entrance, which may be undesireable, or you can get one perfectly located in between two larger tables. The larger tables, however, are usually always located near windows or adjacent to the Captain's table.

Good luck!

Although I will not try it until our next cruise in December, I understand that if you book Select Dining, the majority of tables are set up for two people. You may wish to consider that as a possible option.

Celebrity Select Dining sounds great! Normally we go with a big table and enjoy meeting new people but for this cruise I feel like just spending time with hubby since it will be the last cruise we take before our baby arrives! Someone referred to it as a "babymoon" cruise. :)

Thanks!

Francie

We booked a week before our cruise, and still had no trouble getting a table for 2. I think the cruise lines try to discourage small tables; they would rather have a waiter and assistant taking care of 8 or 10 people at one time, rather than only two. Makes sense, but I guess they also realize that not everyone likes to dine with strangers, so if one cruise line does it, they all have to.

Just know too, that most tables for two are extremely close( within 18 inches) to each other. You will be close enough to the next two top to either talk with your neighbors or not. We usually make a little small talk with our ngeighbors to be polite but then keep our conversations between ourselves. Most aren't very romantic.;)

Just know too, that most tables for two are extremely close( within 18 inches) to each other. You will be close enough to the next two top to either talk with your neighbors or not. We usually make a little small talk with our ngeighbors to be polite but then keep our conversations between ourselves. Most aren't very romantic.;)

The Solstice class ships give you no room-I don't even think it is 18"!! It really became a table for 8, as we went to the specialty restaurant one night, and when we came back the next night, the other 3 tables for two that were right in a row, had pushed the tables all together. It was not a problem, as they were all very nice, but not what we intended.

On the M class ships, as somebody said, there are tables for two in some odd spots. But there are tables for 2 that give you plenty of breathing room. We had one last year next to the railing with nobody nearby, and in June we had another quite private table.

Archived